+ Follow This Topic

Thread: closure

closure

I dated a guy for three months. I thought everything was terrific. We got along great. We were exclusive so I felt like we were in a relationship. He disappeared six days ago. He won't answer my texts. I feel like I need closure. I can't move on. I'm thinking of calling him at work. I know that might not be the best thing to do but all I need is for him to say goodbye. I really need the closure.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom4me View Post
    I dated a guy for three months. I thought everything was terrific. We got along great. We were exclusive so I felt like we were in a relationship. He disappeared six days ago. He won't answer my texts. I feel like I need closure. I can't move on. I'm thinking of calling him at work. I know that might not be the best thing to do but all I need is for him to say goodbye. I really need the closure.
    I know this might sound crazy.

Do an Internet search on him for any outstanding warrants, prior criminal history, etc., then when you find something, you can be glad you are no longer with him, even though he is the one that disappeared.

On the flipside of doing a search on him, you might want to also look for recent missing person reports and/or fatalities. To see if something bad happened to him, that was unfortunate.

The last thing, would be to find out if he was arrested in the last couple days.

It does sound crazy, because it is!

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    It does sound crazy, because it is!
    If you happen to find something on him, it will lessen the pain of his disappearing, unless he met an untimely demise.

Yes but this is not, I repeat, the healthy way with dealing with a break-up. She needs to focus on herself, to stop thinking about him and find new interesting things to do.

OP, I strongly suggest you don't contact him again. Talking with him will not give you closure. He just lost interest, he had just gotten out of a long term relationship before dating you, clearly he wasn't emotionally available. It happens, it's normal, it happens to everyone sooner or later. It's just life. You need to accept what's happened, perhaps keep the lesson that it's no good to get involved with someone who's just gotten out of a serious relationship, and move on. Only you can give yourself closure.

He hasnt just gotten out of a serious relationship. He dated a girl for 8 months that ended in on october i think. And he texted me tonight. He acted like nothing happened. Said he would call me and didnt call. I am drained. I am letting go.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yes but this is not, I repeat, the healthy way with dealing with a break-up. She needs to focus on herself, to stop thinking about him and find new interesting things to do.
    Not exactly a healthy response. But it keeps a person from dwelling on what they could have done better in the relationship.