+ Follow This Topic

Thread: apathy

apathy

I f a female is acting warm toward you, then all of sudden turns cold on you showing little personal reference and little feelings saing "I would like to be friends, but I am begining to wonder if it is possible for us" what do you think that means?? Were her feelings hurt?? t and what is the best way to apologize if she says she needs some space "Its been 3 1/2 weeks now

It means you were probably an a$$hole to her, or too clingy/needy towards her, or just something that made her realize that you might not be worth having in her life at all.

I wouldn't even consider this as something to pursue for a relationship, based on 1.5 lines of text, I can already tell this is a completely lost cause.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

she is a friend of 15 years....though....just a month ago she told me loved me a lot and wanted me in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalanarts View Post
    she is a friend of 15 years....though....just a month ago she told me loved me a lot and wanted me in her life.
    People don't question 15 years of friendship lightly. Why don't you tell us the rest of the story? There is clearly far more here than you've said.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

She was a friend and then you guys had sex?? Now she realized that she doesn't like you in a romantic way and isn't even sure if you can remain friends b/c its weird now....

Maybe you did something that made her upset or something like that. Or she realized that your not totally cool.

We have been everything, best friends, FWB, no contact, hate each other, in a relationship.... we had a 2 month stint in 2010 as FWB, I tried to reconcile with her that holiday but she cut me out... a year later she ran into jmy dating profile on OKcupid and we went on several dates...first a coffee on saturday night. She came over to my house twice the next day and told me she loved me and wanted me in her life, we went on another date to a cemetery and then dinner at my house the next wed, I made a move and she said "I want you to think about this this almost ruined our friendship"...I basically emailed her and said if she wasnt interested in exploring something further then I would like to keep my distance, she responded saying she was crushed and thinks she will always love me. we then emailed a few times and played phone tag and that is where the relationship went downhill...texts, emails and phonetag... I jokigly called her an "idiot" for not coming to party I ivited her to (sarcastically) and she felt insulted I think even though it was just an email. she said cool..and if something was bothering me we could talk about it. I called her again and she retunred my call but I missed it (on a monday) I then tried again a couple of times throughout the week and didnt get a response. The next week I tried again on Thursday and she picked up and hung up the phone! I then sent her an email asking her what was wrong and her response was: "I don't even listen to your voicemails anymore because I don't know
    when you're going to use my voicemail inbox as a verbal punching bag
    like you did that one night. Since that voicemail I just don't want to
    talk to you. Please stop calling me." Me which I responded: I thought you knew I was joking and we were cool!? If something is bothering you why dont we talk about it - communication is the key - her final response was "When you run hot and cold - the way you do sometimes - it freaks me
    out and makes me want to stay away. I never know what to expect, which
    sounds like a compliment but in this case it isn't. Yes, I'd like to
    be friends but I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible for us. I do
    need some space for now."

to which I replied: cool. That was a month ago..I tried to text her last night telling her I was going to call her (so we could meet up and I could apologize and clear up the misunderstanding.) No response.

any advice? We do have a mutual friend (a gay dude) who may bring it up to her soon....thanks all

What does it mean? WTF do you think it means?!

It means she doesn't want to be involved with you romantically. Possibly at all.

Just move on.