+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I let this girl go? If not, what do I do now?

Should I let this girl go? If not, what do I do now?

This is a long story, but please bear with me. Everyone in this story is in high school, and has had their fair share of serious and non-serious relationship. It was early April. There was this girl that I know of, but I don't really know too well. Let's call her Jane. She's really good friends with a bunch of my friends, but I didn't really know her to well. I started talking to her, and we really hit it off. I started to spend more time with her, and I came to realize that's she's completely amazing. One night, about two weeks after I started really getting to know her, I was on the phone with her, and we were just talking. Suddenly, she starts talking about past relationships, and how things went wrong, and all of that stuff. Naturally, I took this as her trying to hint to me about things I should avoid doing. A few hours later, I'm still on the phone with her, and I don't remember exactly how this happened, but she told me how much she liked this guy. I thought she was talking about me. She wasn't. I asked about who she kept on talking about. It turned out that she was talking to one of my good friends. Let's call him Jim. Jim was someone who's personality was, in all honesty, not all that different from mine. If I was smart, I would have tried to end things there. I would have stopped the flirting and talking all night on the phone, and stuff like that. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart. Jim goes away for the summers, and has very limited, almost non-existant contact for those few month, so he kept saying that he didn't want to start anything with anyone before the summer, since he won't be there. I kept on hoping that at some point, she would just get over him, since he made it clear that he was unavailable to any relationship with anyone. Fast-forward to May. Jane likes Jim, but we stil talk all the time, and she's gotten very physical with me. Every time I saw her, she would greet me with an affectionate hug, she would hold my hand, she would put my arm around her, she would sit on my lap and put her arms around me, etc. so, naturally, I didn't mind. I started to learn more about this girl, and I found that she's even more awesome than I thought before. At this point, Jim has no idea that Jane likes him, Jane has no idea that I like her, and Jim has no idea that I like Jane. Since Jane knows that Jim goes away for the summers and wouldn't want to start anything, she doesn't say anything. Fast-forward another few weeks to late-May/early-June. Another factor comes into play: a mutual close friend of Jim's and Jane's. Let's call him Michael. Michael, being the meddling person he is, takes Jane's phone and texts Jim everything that Jane has been hiding for all this time. Jim asked her about it. She confessed all of her feelings. They don't get together, but he's trying to spare her feelings. At some point, Jim caught on that I liked Jane, even though I never said anything. As I said before, Jim and I were good friends. Eventually, she comes up as a topic of conversation. We talk about that whole situation. I never asked him to say the things he said, but he said them anyway. He said that we wasn't going to do anything about it because he didn't return the feelings for her. He said he wished that things were different and that Jane and I could be together. I thought he was a really good friend and thanked him for that. Remember, I never asked him to say any of the things he said. That was when we hung out on Friday. I didn't see or hear from him on Saturday or Sunday. Monday comes. I see him in school. He comes up to me and tells me that he "found" those feelings for her, and that he "got with her" at a party on Sunday night (the details of which, I'm not certain). They're now together. I stop talking to him. I haven't talked to him since. Now, he's away for the rest of the summer. I stopped talking to Jane, too... until this week. I started talking to her on the phone again, and I realized that even though she has a boyfriend, I can't let this girl go that easily. That leaves us to present day. I omitted a bunch of details, in the interests of time and space. After reading all of this, what should I do at this point? Should I let her go? Should I still go after her? Any advice would be appreciated. If you read this in its entirety, thank you very much.

Like I said before you are friend zoned....move along now, forget about her.

Tip: when a girl starts talking to you about real personal stuff, u just became her buddy/girl friend.......there is no hinting, that's just your imagination giving you false hope.

Yea, smackie was right, that girl sees you as her friend only

So don't ask for more! Be contented with the status you have right now with that girl.

Quote Originally Posted by johndemi View Post
    So don't ask for more! Be contented with the status you have right now with that girl.
    No, this is not good. If you have feelings for her your friendship is a lie. Do not become "friends" with someone you have feelings for, just walk away and cut it clean.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Paragraph breaks are your friend.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh