+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I alone in how I feel?

Am I alone in how I feel?

My girlfriend of 2 years and I have just broken up. I seriously just feel broken. I'm feelin so many things, can someone tell me if these are normal feelings, I hope they are... I feel like I'll never be able to find another person who showed me love like she did or loves on me like her, everytime I feel like I'll be ok I think about her treating someone else like she treats me and I fall right back down again, I don't know if I'll even find another girl again. I'm 20 so I have time but I have low self esteem and I don't really know how to date so I can't see myself finding anyone. Are these normal feelings? On a side note she called me about 5 times last night around 2 am I didn't answer, what could she possibly want? To see if I'm ok? Ha thats a laugh.

Relationships fall apart. And when they do it's often rotten. It's life my friend. I was dumped a few months ago and I"m 48 so it can affect everyone. My tip - go out there and find yourself a nice shiny new girlfriend.
    Last edited by Boisdevie; 12-07-12 at 11:57 PM.

Yes the pain hits you in waves but after the first or second week it starts to fade and you do feel some relief. Then you feel a bit numb like getting over a bad flu, but you start to enjoy food and going out again. After a month you will feel like a weight has been lifts off your shoulders, almost a enlightened feeling. You feel normal again and will find yourself discovering all the things you missed out on while being with someone. You will be finding yourself enjoying your freedom to chat up any girl you want, go to parties, hang out with friends, and eventually you will meet new girl.
    Last edited by smackie9; 13-07-12 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks smackie that actually really helped

Your welcome

Op - Yes these feeling are normal. I am going through similar myself. I have no motivation to do anything, I wouldn't even go out if I didn't have to get to work. I have looked online and everything seems to point at No Contact to help getting through it. I am going to try this, I hope it will help. You will get through it and come out the other end, it just feels like right now that is a long way off. Take one day at a time, you will get there. Wishing you all the best xx