+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm in love, what to do?

I'm in love, what to do?

I've been watching some HIMYM lately and they had an episode that made me think.In this HIMYM episode, they said you can't be in love in a group of friends and it just can't work.

now here is my situation: I'm really good friends with this girl, but pure as friends(friendzone etc... whatever). We have this group of friend that is very close, really good friends with like the 5 of us(me, her, another girl and a couple) But i'm in love with her. We hang out together and it is all fine, but I can't stop thinking about her when I'm not around her, I constantly think about her. I know she doesn't love me back, should I quit all of it, so I can move on. It isn't working this way and I'm only hurting myself with this. Should I even tell her? I just know she doesn't love me back, so that won't help me anyhow, will it?
    I think it will only hurt the friendship of the 5 of us. I don't want to lose all my good friends.

What should I do?
    thanks,

J

Simple watch more HIMYM and you will know the answer. pay especially close attention to ted and robin.

We desire most what we can't have, but when do get what we want, the desire goes away because it's then we really see it's not what we had imagined. You are in love with an image you have of her in your mind built up by your obsessing for her. You need to spend time with different friends, even just part time to get out of this seclusion. It's good to venture out and seek change.

How long has it been since you've started having feelings for your friend?

Is she your "best" friend, as in, you two share intimate conversations on a regular basis, besides hanging out with your other friends?

How do you know for sure that she doesn't like you back?