+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Very Complicated Situation

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Smackie, stop making excuses for him. Post something actually useful or GTFO of the thread. Is he a relative of yours or what? Really, you aren't helping just enabling. Who gives a shit if its not the perfect med? Its something, he can afford it and it probably will help him (even if just placebo, except what I suggest actually does have active, proven ingredients).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm not making "excuses"...this topic is way out of your league. I had to grow up with a manic depressed/OCD mother...I have had first hand experience with mental illness. You have no clue.

I don't actually suffer from clinical depression, that's not what it is. The depression itself is a part of bipolar disorder, which taking anti depressants can actually make worse.

I have been diagnosed with both bipolar disorder and social anxiety disorder/avoidant personality disorder. After talking with a mental health professional, not in a clinical situation though, she said that there's a very high chance I also suffer from borderline personality disorder on top of that.

So it's not a matter of just 'being depressed' about the situation, it's a whole slew of other things, which heavily factor into the reason I got myself into this mess in the first place.

In regards to the girl in another state that I'm 'chasing', she's the subject of this whole ordeal. She's the friend whom I screwed up with and hurt badly. The other thread is DIRECTLY related to this one, as it all revolves around the one situation.
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Smackie, stop making excuses for him. Post something actually useful or GTFO of the thread. Is he a relative of yours or what? Really, you aren't helping just enabling. Who gives a shit if its not the perfect med? Its something, he can afford it and it probably will help him (even if just placebo, except what I suggest actually does have active, proven ingredients).

as a response to you PM : Don't you worry I used to think the same way you did years ago. In my mind at the time there are no excuses for "I can't help it" and they had a responsibility to get themselves help. I hated my mom, I thought she was a bitch, asshole, I resented the hell out of her for her behavior...I saw her as making just excuses and being a lame ass.

My mom will never "recover" ( she's 77 now) for there is no "cure" for mental illness. She did all the natural herb therapy, healthy lifestyle, exercise, therapy, drugs, counseling, support groups, keeping active in the community by doing volunteer work......still she struggles with her illness. Like Searock had mentioned, they only thing they can do is try to live a normal life and even that is difficult to do.

I agree there are those who use the "mental illness" card to cover up their laziness. But for those who suffer, "just do it" doesn't process, because their brain it too busy with negative thoughts they can't shut out.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, you just keep enabling him, Smackie. You are clearly a professional at it.

There is no 'cure' for anything except that you can cut or gene splice out. Same is true for high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease. But only an idiot wouldn't avail themselves of what is available.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I didn't know showing some understanding and compassion would have such a negative affect on a person's life.

Don't worry about it smackie, being able to come here and have people who will actually talk to me about what's going on has helped a lot.
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

It's just forum squabbles...it keeps things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    only an idiot wouldn't avail themselves of what is available.
    An idiot, or a mentally ill person who has no will to live left because the illness has taken it away.

I also think the OP needs a "wake up call" though. OP, is there a way for you to get therapy without having to spend a lot? Local support groups and such?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    An idiot, or a mentally ill person who has no will to live left because the illness has taken it away.

I also think the OP needs a "wake up call" though. OP, is there a way for you to get therapy without having to spend a lot? Local support groups and such?
    I'm currently looking into it actually. As far as a 'wake up' call, the whole legal proceedings surrounding it did that plenty.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345