+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really need some help ^long^ :-p

I really need some help ^long^ :-p

I really need some help on this one. ok, for the past few days, he has been saying that something his dad said made him think. so now he is thinking that i am not the "right person" for him. he has made a few comparisons to our parents who are both divorced, and said he needs to think about wheter or not im right for him. i understand that people need to be compatable, but he wont explain to me whats going on. he keeps saying people change, and then makes it seem like im the one who is gonna change my mind. i dont know what i did. i saw him a few days ago and everything was great, we had alot of fun, but it seems everytime i let myself think that, something bad happens. i dont understand what it is that is bothering him, because he wont really tell me. i said that i seem like im a weak person, but wont really exaplain what that means. everyone i have sought avice from has said that they dont see that in me at all, and i personally dont see it in myself, so im alittle hurt and confuzed. i just wish, for once, i could think that everything is ok. he asked me whether or not i knew if he was right for me, and i said he was, but what he doesnt know is that...
    nothing is perfect. i realize that we are not getting married, but i love him so much that the fact that it has occured to me if mabey he wasnt mr.perfect, didnt really matter. i can't be expected to be perfect, because im not. not everything in our relationship is going to be flawless. This whole thing about me being weak, thats one of my personal areas that i am trying to work on. we all have things in ourselves that need improvment. i just wish he could accept that im trying to work on that. I know that there are things that make us different, but we arent supposed to be the same. or are we?
    personally, i dont think that we should be exactly the same. compatable, yes, but when he says "not the right person for him" i just wish i knew what he meant.
    This is really begining to become a problem for me. i dont want to have to make my mind think that something is wrong so that everything will be ok. i dont know why it is that everytime, i mean, EVERY SINGLE TIME, i let myself think that its all ok, he/or i turns around and has a compleatly different view. im not trying to point fingers, but lately, it seems like it has been him. i feel like im not making him happy, like im a dissapointment. just from everything that has gone on while we have been together, i wish i coud just start over, knowing what i do now.
    i just wish we could fix it, but i dont know how he feels. everytime i try to talk to him, he wont talk to me about it. i dont know whats wrong, all i know is that i dont want to lose him. hes not just my boyfriend, hes my best friend, but i feel that im not his.
    "Angel of Music"

This sounds very simular to my situation with my husband. We met at 19 and stayed together for 16 yrs feeling this way. I did everything I could to be happy with him but I found myself living for him and not me. He always loved me and still does but sometimes two people can really love each other and not be right for one another in the long run. He tried breaking up with me after the first year of are relationship because he was leaving for school then. I think he thought a long distance relationship wouldn't work. I told him I would wait and that he had nothing to fear. I was the one who held on so tight for so long. After I finally left him a year ago he came running back to be begging for another chance. I took him back and nothing had changed at all. I did it a second time and the same thing happened. After i moved out I started dating a guy who is a angel. I never thought in my hole life someone could be so wonderful, so different then my husband then boyfriend for 16 years. I've never felt so happy. My husband was my bestfriend too, and believe me i wouldn't wish the kind of pain I went through on anyone, but you have to make yourself come first. Don't settle for something just because nothing is perfect. Sit back and say to yourself am i really happy right now. because believe me you will not change him no matter how hard you try. If he makes you feel bad now wait a few years..it'll only get worst...good luck to you girl!!