+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some suggestion. Thanks.

Some suggestion. Thanks.

A little background; I'm 28 working in a stable job, decently looking and single. This girl I’m interested in is attractive, funny, and sweet and we have known each for about 3 years, but never really had a long conversation together or dated.

3 weeks ago, I needed some help and asked her for some advises by accident (miss dial) and that's how us started to hang out together. Movies, brunches, lunches, dinners and etc we had done pretty much all the dating spots. We talked about what we want in life, bad experiences we had and even some rejections.

As we get closer and hanging out much more regular (Almost every day or every other day), I start to have feeling for her. Some friends have told me that I should go for it, but it is so hard for me approach her physically because she has told me once that she wants to be single for the next few months to clear her head and concentrate on her school work. I really respect her, and want the best for her.

Now, here are my questions. Am I stuck in the friend's zone? Should I just ignore her request and go for the kiss?

Keep in mind, She’s single, not dating anyone else and only sees me during her free time.

Lastly, Thanks for reading my post and any possible suggestions.

Confess to her, tell her that you like her. Ask her if you can wait for her til her mind is settled up and ready for a relationship, that is not hard Just tell her the truth

^^^This is horrible advice. Makes you look like a complete doormat, and will assuredly land you in the friend zone.

Grow some balls, and kiss her. She'll either go for it or she won't, and there may be a conversation about how you feel afterward..don't 'confess' before making a move. You'll have your answer and you'll know whether you're wasting your time or not.

The friendzone isn't designated by the female, but by the male that allows himself to be put there. Going straight for the kiss is probably too forward in this situation if she really does want some time to clear her head. So I'd recommend you keep your distance, talk to her and see her once in a while. Don't get sucked into going to things like flea markets, shopping, or any other kind of "friend" activity, that is how people feel they end up friendzoned.

Give her space for another month or so, but keep talking to her every week or so, and then arrange to see her as a date. Using the word date is key so there is no confusion. If she rejects you, pull away and move on.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

They've been hanging out regularly for 3 weeks, so she does have at least some time obviously. If a girl actually likes a guy, all the waiting bullshit goes out the window. Even if she doesn't go for the kiss it will most likely bring about the conversation. Do you really think this sap can keep his distance anyway?

No, I think it will be a complete trainwreck. If it were me I would have just walked as soon as she said she needed "time" for whatever she needed it for. For this guy I'm giving the best option for success based on what I think he can do. We know he won't be able to keep his distance, but also the kiss will probably be executed in the most awkward way possible as I don't think he is 100% confident in his actions.

But hell, OP if you have the balls to pull of the direct approach and be able to do it smoothly, then go for it. BackUp is right, it will spark the conversation and you'll know right then and there if she is interested as well.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

you have already spend almost a month with her, and you should be old enough and mature enough to know what's right and wrong. like what cerby said, man up and play it out. If it works great. if it doesn't then move on.

Don't think too much. Then again this is from a guy's point of view. Sometimes we are not the most insightful ones, but most logical ones. Maybe a few ladies here could help out?

raidenfx has his point .

I want to be single and clear my head = I don't fancy you but like the attention. I'll keep you around to stop feeling alone but the minute somebody better comes along you're history.

yea , being single is a hassle-free ))) LOL .

Yeah, Thanks guys and ladies.

Let me clearfy something, she said that before we start to seeing each other and the coversation goes something like this.
    I said: "You are pretty and smart, why are you still single? heh, enjoying the partying life?"
    The girl replied: "Well I made a bet with my friend that I would stay single for few months. heh I'm not a party girl. You know me, I don't go out, but staying home and help out the family."
    I said: "Really? I didn't know that"
    ... etc.

Right now, I really want to have a chance with her, but like I said before, it's just very hard to judge her interest level and what's the best course of action. She even told me how she rejected some guy for the same from reason earlier - the bet and clearing her head. after an expensive dinner with her.

To be honest, it's always hard to put yourself out there and have the girl does picking on you. I wil try to get my head together and not to think too much of it, and let whatever happen happens.

The bet is a bullshit reason. Make the move, you bitch.

LOL . chill .