+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is she my girlfriend?

The truth is if you think too much about it,what's right or not, you will end up not doing anything. If you want her just go for her. Tell her how you feel about her, let her know you want her. You will still do a lot of talking after. Not instantly but continuosly,weeks and longer. Then why delay it now. Show her by words by action. And do it quick so you can know if she is the one or not then look elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    She wants to take things slow = she's not interested or frigid
    You've never had a real GF and you're 20 - bit of a slow starter aren't we. So we can assume you're a virgin = at your age?
    Passionate kissing with no tongues = not passionate kissing.
    Ya know, I used to come on this forum and get GOOD advice. Now all it is, is self-centered pricks that think so highly of themselves and don't read before they respond or call someone out on something that was already clearly stated

Usually I'm the one that loks way too muchmuch into things, but u guys r doingdoing that job for me. Yes, we both agreed that we don't want to just rush into things just because. Ur judging before u even know the facts. She just got out of a relationship and wanted to not jump right into something and we also waited to date because she didn't want me to think I was a rebound, she wanted to get the ex outta herher head before giving herself to someone else. She's not "frigid" or "just doesn't like me as much as I think"

Good luck with that then. Meanwhile some of us grown ups are busy having sex. Har har har.
    Signed,
    a self-centred prick.

Good luck with that then. Meanwhile some of us grown ups are busy having sex. Har har har.
    Signed,
    a self-centred prick.
    Did u finally just get laid or something and r that proud of urself? The only ppl that brag about having sex r the ones that talk about it, but in reality, r just reliving the singular time they actually got some penetration. I wanna settle down and actually be able to call someone my own for once. I don't want it to just be another girl I meet and just base everything off sex. I want someone that is as committed to me, as I am to them. Not just some fun banging eachother here and there. I'm sorry for ever asking for advice on a "love" forum about having a relationship. If everything was based around sex, like u blatantly think, this would be called a "sex" forum

Well..... how experienced is she in this game? Usually when you're not too experienced with these things you tend to both be a little awkward about it.

Personally, I think three dates is a little early to say whether or not you are bf/gf. I would say you are both interested at this point.... once you start consistently seeing eachother lots and letting eachother know what you think of eachother... then you are "seeing" eachother. Once it gets a little more serious than that, I would say you are bf/gf.

I have been in relationships where I never really asked, it did just happen naturally. Most of the time, to be honest, I'll just start seeing a girl and start sleeping with her, and then start introducing her as my gf in front of her "Hey, everybody this is my gf ****".... I only do that if I am 100% sure that's what she wants though. You know... girls think about this stuff more than guys do, especially the committed stuff, so... if you start seeing her more and are intimate with one another, chances are she will bring it up.

That said, if you do feel really strongly about her wait a couple more dates and have more of those talks (you know, where you spoke and she said "this feels right", things like that)... just bring it up. But I wouldn't bring it up quite yet because it's still really early. Take some initiative and plan some more dates with her and tell her straight up "Hey, I want to bring you out on an actual date", things like that.

By the sounds of things, she is very interested so I highly doubt you should worry about anything. Just go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMonster View Post
    Most of the time, to be honest, I'll just start seeing a girl and start sleeping with her, and then start introducing her as my gf
    For gods sake don't mention sex to the OP - he thinks we're obsessed with it. But he's probably just jealous 'cos he's not getting any. Waiting for it to be 'special'.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMonster View Post
    Well..... how experienced is she in this game? Usually when you're not too experienced with these things you tend to both be a little awkward about it.

Personally, I think three dates is a little early to say whether or not you are bf/gf. I would say you are both interested at this point.... once you start consistently seeing eachother lots and letting eachother know what you think of eachother... then you are "seeing" eachother. Once it gets a little more serious than that, I would say you are bf/gf.

I have been in relationships where I never really asked, it did just happen naturally. Most of the time, to be honest, I'll just start seeing a girl and start sleeping with her, and then start introducing her as my gf in front of her "Hey, everybody this is my gf ****".... I only do that if I am 100% sure that's what she wants though. You know... girls think about this stuff more than guys do, especially the committed stuff, so... if you start seeing her more and are intimate with one another, chances are she will bring it up.

That said, if you do feel really strongly about her wait a couple more dates and have more of those talks (you know, where you spoke and she said "this feels right", things like that)... just bring it up. But I wouldn't bring it up quite yet because it's still really early. Take some initiative and plan some more dates with her and tell her straight up "Hey, I want to bring you out on an actual date", things like that.

By the sounds of things, she is very interested so I highly doubt you should worry about anything. Just go with the flow.
    thank u for actually giving me good advice and understanding, I really appreciate it. I was pretty much thinking along the lines of the advice u gave me. But u don't think our 2 lunches and going to the zoo were real dates? And I was never planning on pulling the trigger right now, I was just getting an idea of when i should start ruining relationship. And don't listen to the idiot that mentioned i don't wanna hear about u having sex. They obviously can't read so I'm not even gonna fight that battle

Quote Originally Posted by nukl92 View Post
    I was just getting an idea of when i should start ruining relationship.
    I would start ruining the relationship right now. Oh, and by the way, some of us on this forum are capable of reading and writing. Unlike u.

Quote Originally Posted by nukl92 View Post
    Did u finally just get laid or something and r that proud of urself? The only ppl that brag about having sex r the ones that talk about it, but in reality, r just reliving the singular time they actually got some penetration. I wanna settle down and actually be able to call someone my own for once. I don't want it to just be another girl I meet and just base everything off sex. I want someone that is as committed to me, as I am to them. Not just some fun banging eachother here and there. I'm sorry for ever asking for advice on a "love" forum about having a relationship. If everything was based around sex, like u blatantly think, this would be called a "sex" forum
    Sorry we received the wrong impression from your first posts. You've never been in a relationship and dont know how to go about all this? You dont convey a very confident stance much less someone whos had tons of tail. I mean c'mon bro....you're on here asking a bunch of stranger if its appropriate to call this girl " babe"?

Also youre 2O years old....you should be dating three girls at a time. I mean....just coming from experience here....date as much as possible I always say. Save the relationship stuff for after college and when your established
    Last edited by surfhb; 18-07-12 at 03:50 PM.

I would start ruining the relationship right now. Oh, and by the way, some of us on this forum are capable of reading and writing. Unlike u.
    calm down. I'm using my phone and it was an auto correct. No need to jump down my throat for one little thing because I insulted u. Let me rephrase that, I reminded u of ur horrible life

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Sorry we received the wrong impression from your first posts. You've never been in a relationship and dont know how to go about all this? You dont convey a very confident stance much less someone whos had tons of tail. I mean c'mon bro....you're on here asking a bunch of stranger if its appropriate to call this girl " babe"?

Also youre 2O years old....you should be dating three girls at a time. I mean....just coming from experience here....date as much as possible I always say. Save the relationship stuff for after college and when your established
    ok, it might not seem like any of that. But my female friends always remind me how much of a horrible guy I am for keeping more than one girl around at a time. I've been living the college life, girls all the time, all day. And I am a pretty confident guy. Me not knowing how to use babe does sound bad, ive used it many times and with many girls, the only difference is that was all part of just giving them what they wanna hear just so I can get some. But it's different with this girl, I'm afraid of ruining this because I really want it to work, as opposed to messing up with a girl I can easily replace. U might not believe all of this due to my previous comments, but believe me, I've had my fun

I'm 25, and to answer your question specifically, I remember when I was younger guys asking me to be their girlfriend. Mostly in high school, but then I've been in 3 long relationships since then. The last one before my current boyfriend had told me he wants to take it slow in the beginning. From there we saw eachother every day, and 3 weeks later asked me to be his girlfriend, that he wanted it to be official. My current boyfriend, I mentioned it. We were "dating" for a month, saw eachother almost every day, were really comfortable with eachother but he knew I was in no rush for a boyfriend. After a month I realized I was really falling for him, and asked him if he was seeing anyone else. He said no, and I asked if we can just see eachother exclusively.

I think if you both enjoy eachothers company, tell her that even if you are taking things slow, you would like to see only her, and see what she says... Ultimately its her choice if you already know you want to be in a relationship with her. But, yes, the manly/assertive thing does wonders on a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers<3 View Post
    I'm 25, and to answer your question specifically, I remember when I was younger guys asking me to be their girlfriend. Mostly in high school, but then I've been in 3 long relationships since then. The last one before my current boyfriend had told me he wants to take it slow in the beginning. From there we saw eachother every day, and 3 weeks later asked me to be his girlfriend, that he wanted it to be official. My current boyfriend, I mentioned it. We were "dating" for a month, saw eachother almost every day, were really comfortable with eachother but he knew I was in no rush for a boyfriend. After a month I realized I was really falling for him, and asked him if he was seeing anyone else. He said no, and I asked if we can just see eachother exclusively.

I think if you both enjoy eachothers company, tell her that even if you are taking things slow, you would like to see only her, and see what she says... Ultimately its her choice if you already know you want to be in a relationship with her. But, yes, the manly/assertive thing does wonders on a woman
    thank u for the advice and experience. We've only seen each other for those 3 dates since its summer break and live far from eachother and r always busy with work and vacationing (she's currently in Colorado) Should I wait to be thinking about this stuff when we're consistently able to see each other everyday in just about exactly a month when we're back in school?

Before we started "talking" we got each others numbers through a mutual friend. She was just coming out of a relationship and just wanted someone to talk to even tho she was interested in me. She just didn't want to make it look like I was just a rebound, and she needed sometime before she could date again. I didn't know this until she found out I was talking to another friend of that mutual friend we had. I apologized for being an ass and that's when she explained to me the stuff about not wanting to date quite yet, so she was OK with it. But recently she had been trying to show genuine interest in me before she found out about the other girl. We had a long convo about it and told me it was OK and what guy hasn't talked to 2 girls at once? After she said that, I knew she was a really great girl. She told me to just follow my heart and all that kinda stuff. She then mentioned, but if we got the point where we were exclusive, she would be really pissed and that wouldn't fly. So since we've been on 3 really good dates so far, do u think she's under the assumption we're exclusive? Or at least not talking to other ppl? I'm not and I know she's not the type of girl to do that either. Do u think we're both under the assumption that were committed to just each other right now? Or does it verbally have to be talked about and brought up?
    Last edited by nukl92; 19-07-12 at 12:45 AM.

28 replies on this thread??? OP, you ask her "Would you like to be my girlfriend?". PROBLEM SOLVED. Assume nothing.
    Last edited by Cerby; 19-07-12 at 01:04 AM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast