+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she thinking?

What is she thinking?

Hi, I really need some insight because I'm very confused.

Back in February, I started work at a new company. There is this amazing girl who I (was) convinced is really into me. We haven't had much chance to talk, but I often see her in the morning, and her eyes seem to literally glow when she spots me. Many times we've made long eye contact, and when we're close to each other I feel a lot of chemistry.

Since she has a boyfriend, I suppose I could just be a random guy she likes to flirt with. But I've noticed one thing that seems relevant: Our office has a frosted glass window, through which one can see only very blurred silhouettes, definitely not faces or eyes. Every time she walks by that door she turns her head and looks at where I sit. Tons of people I know walk by that door every day, and they all look straight ahead down the hallway without turning their head.

There have been a few other things that have strongly made me feel she's trying to bond, but I don't want to go over everything. All factors combined, let's just say I'm very certain.

When we're together there are always colleagues nearby, so two weeks ago I chose to send her a message on Facebook to ask for her phone number. On Friday that week, when I saw her in the morning and greeted her, she looked at me only briefly, said hi, then immediately looked down. This seemed very unusual, and later that day I saw that her profile picture on Facebook had changed. She had not replied, but I suppose she must have read the message.

That weekend I sent her a second message in which I openly explained how I feel. I think that everything I wrote was very sweet, real and honest. I myself would absolutely love to receive something like that from someone. At the end of the message I asked her that even if she doesn't want to answer to at least reply with one single line, acknowledging that she's read it.

During the week we only saw each other on Friday (4 days ago) when I walked by her office. She was in there with a co-worker, and she was speaking on the phone. I said Hi, not expecting her to react much, seeing how she was on the phone. Instead, she looked at me, smiled, greeted me and even waved, which she'd never done before. I thought she must have now read my second message. But there was no reply. On Sunday (2 days ago), her profile picture changed again. And that's that.

So now I don't understand anything. Is she playing a game (I really, really don't think so)? Does she not know how to react, so she doesn't react at all? Does she not want this to go anywhere but is scared to tell me so (she's pretty confident by the way)? Does she not want to go on a date while she's in a relationship and at the same time does not want to split up? Why is she backing off / ignoring me? And how the heck does her enthusiastic response last Friday make any sense?

I thought I'd been in love before, but this girl has turned my world upside down, I can't think straight. And the situation is driving me crazy.

Sounds like you have imagined that she was into you but she isn't. Her not communicating with you is probably because she's embarassed to get the messages from you.

She acted normal in the office because she was with a co-worker. Also, here is another hint she isn't interested:

SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley