+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2 years on -- a check in with you all, and some words of encouragementl

2 years on -- a check in with you all, and some words of encouragementl

So it's been two years almost to the day that the ex and I broke up and I wanted to pop in and give some words of encouragement

If you want the full story of how we were -- feel free to search my name.

So where has my life taken me? Well over the last two years I've seen some more of the world, gotten promoted, met a new woman, fallen in love, moved in together and progressing well. That's the good stuff.

The bad:
    - It was painful making my way through the heartache, it hurt for a tremendously long time AND even now when I see her - it still makes me anxious and uncomfortable (we work at the same company -- so its likely we will see each other here and there...about 8 times in the last 2 years isn't bad).
    - I have been changed forever by the ex -- I feel less love, less pain, less of everything because of her...its almost as if she has stripped me of some of my passion

Advice:
    - Therapy is critical -- I get it: its expensive, its time consuming, and there is the stigma -- get over all those things and use it if you need it.

Overall note to you all: move on...you can, you will -- take time. No one person is the key to your happiness, take the lessons, leave the memories.. shred everything if that's what it takes.

DO NOT LET YOUR PAST RUIN YOUR FUTURE!!!

Glad things have turned out for the best!
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Shit...getting over someone is so damn hard! The process does change you forever...everyone goes through it. I have broken a few hearts and had mine broken once as well. You know what I realized? I broke my own heart b/c I chose someone who I knew was wrong for me and emotionally unstable/unbelievable. Life...*sigh*