+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken Heart.. need advice.

Broken Heart.. need advice.

I know it is long but please read.

My senior year of high school which was in 2008 I started dating my best friend. Everything was perfect. We had the most unique, romantic, friendly and fun relationship ever. However in college we did the long distance thing. We made it work for my 4 years of college by skyping, watchin the same tv shows at the same time, texting, calling. We would see eachother when we could visit and spent the summers still in love.

My last year of college things go rocky and we were fighting all the time. She had a few problems and the happiness was not there for a while. I became so confused and being away did not help at all. I did not know what I wanted anymore and I ended up breaking up with her in December of 11. I did not know what to do and wanted to let every resolve just cause I was being selfish I guess. I left her foolishly as I was still 21 years old and felt kind of panicked or trapped.

After we broke up we had a rough patch for about a month and a half and we did not talk for a while. She says I left her at her lowest point and feels so hurt and I am desperate to get her back. We ended up kissing over spring break but then she said she was still hurt. Now it has been 8 months and for some reason now I feel lower than ever. She says she cannot feel anything emotionally to anyone however she has a guy she has known for a while who she said she could date if she wanted too and said they kiss and hold hands occasionally but its nothing serious. She will send me pictures of her and what she is doing through texts and I tell her how I am still attracted to her and it is hard for me to be friends and she will send me pictures of her in heels and like a body shot in her outfit. I can tell when we hug and leave each other it is a long hug and we both do not want to let go. I cant take it anymore and she will say how hurt she was but will leave me hanging with remarks that hint that eventually she could let me back in but wants to figure out herself. Plus I dont know about this other guy. I told her that I would give her some space and let her figure out what she wants and I cannot talk to her while she is talking like this with other guys. I just started the no contact thing and it is extremely hard as she has been my rock basically for about 5 years. I know I messed it up but I am a good guy and she knows that and knows how much I care for her. I was just acting immaturely at the time.

She used to tell me how she wanted to marry me and stuff and being a guy and so young I wasnt fully focused on marriage however I could never imagine my life without her and now it seems to have really hit me hard.

You just miss the famillarity of having her around and the fact that you can't be with her makes you desire her more. What you need to do is move on and get a new life going. You are too young to be hitched up in a commited relationship, when you should be enjoying new relationships, have new experiences and just develop your own self. You felt trapped for a reason, and if you got back together you will feel that again. Just let her go and focus on your own life by keeping busy.

Marriage is no picnic so enjoy your youth and freedom while you still have it.

I know it is no picnic but it was always great when we were together.. The distance just kind of took a toll.

You are too dependant on a relationship to make you happy. Maybe you will learn that someone in your life is not to be your whole life but just a part of it.

Yes I agree the distance did take a toll on your relationship.....LDR's don't usually work.

You where to young and she also to talk about marry, and want each other for ever,

cause you barely know what love is and if you would meat some one better when you grow up.

I think you need to get yourself together,
    And start planning your day.
    Instead of sitting all the day long think about what she told you and what she did.

You are grown now. What was then was teen stuff.
    So choose to move on, do it you to!

Plan your day fully! With family, friends, hobbies, school. work, sport.
    Dont let any time for dreaming about her.

Before you know you will see that you did not think about her that much and soon at all!

You can recover from that if you let yourself cry. just cry and after that you'll feel fine trust me. Every time I am broken at heart, I'll just cry and who cares? This is me! This is my own way of letting my pain out.