+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

Here's the story. My brother has been dating a girl for about a year and a half. They're both the same age (21), and they live together. But...

- She is utterly depentent on him. She dropped out of college after they started dating and hasn't gotten a job yet. (nor is she looking) She has no friends or hobbies and she's painfully shy.
    - My brother goes to school/work from 8AM to midnight everyday.
    - He goes to her family's house during the holidays and he's only been home about 3 times in the last year.
    - She is the first girlfriend he has ever had.
    - From what i've seen they both suffer from depression, low self-esteem.
    -For the life of me i can't tell if they're happy or not. I see them rarely, he's hard to read and she barely speaks.

If he is happy i'm afraid it might be the bitter-sweet happiness of a man who has found someone who cares for him when he had thought he would be alone forever, and the same goes for her. But, i'm also afraid that's the only real reason they're together. They don't seem to have much in common at all, and from what little i've seen of them there isn't much passion either. They've just sort've fallen together, joined together by nothing more than their fear of being alone.
    I don't think they will ever split up, either. My brother truly and sincerely believes no woman would even give him a second glance (Based on what little i know of women they would, but his conception of himself is the only thing that matters here) , and i don't think he has the strength to leave her. And she has (literally) no self-esteem. I think she would stay with anyone if they supported her and made some claim of affection.

What do you think? Know a couple like this? Can two people like this ever be happy together, in the long run?

In short: it's nunyabidnez.

Meaning that regardless of your intentions, it's largely irrelevant what *you* think, since it's *his* life. Practice a policy of non-involvement. After all, you wouldn't want people prying into *your* life.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahaha...

well Anael he is your brother so maybe you should talk to him. ask him if he is really happy, or just happy that someone is there. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Yeah, I'd say that too..Shouldn't judge from the looks of it.
    I have it all. Including kino.