+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only 3 types of girls?

Only 3 types of girls?

I once heard a quote that went something like; "We keep falling in love with different versions of the same person."

I'm 29 and in my earlier days I can say that was pretty true but now that I've broken that habit I've noticed an uncomfortable truth.

I seem to encounter only 3 types of women.

Type 1: The Cling-On. You know this one. After one date they're hooked. Calling you, Texting and adding you on Facebook a little to much and a little too soon. Hitting you up the night after the date to see when you're gona go out again. These girls also tend to state the obvious and then add: "See I understand you. I'm not like the other girls. I wont hurt you." or my favorite; "You'd make a great dad." and its like... "Umm... You realize this is the 2nd time we've gone for coffee?"

Type 2: "You can't please me": These girls are arguably the most damaged of the three types. No matter what you do, say or how decent the Chemistry is they've learned to treat a man like he couldn't possibly ever please her. These girls are the most likely to cheat and typically spend just a little to much time poking at their phone and casually dropping the fact other boys are hitting her up. They will say and do anything to convince you you're not good enough and they are uninterested but will never be too far away from your click and become borderline Psychotic when you loose interest.

Type 3: "I'm not good enough for you.": This girl is really the kind I'd be most interested in. They are typically pretty down to Earth and don't play the type of games the other two do. I'll have great chemistry with these girls and their very flirty. Once things get more intimate they imminently respond by clamming up but will be very quick to say things like; "I really shouldn't admit this but I don't think i'm good enough for you." and "I just got out of a very serious 4month relationship about a year ago and I'm just not ready."

All three archetypes SCREAM "I have no self esteem" but only Type 3 is honest about it. "Well thats the keeper." some would say but frankly I can't stay attracted to any women who doesn't have any self esteem.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who encounters this.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I am also 29...and I don't fall into any of the 3 categories you describe. Maybe I am a bit too clingy at times? But the guys have always been more clingy tho...and I have never been involved with a guy who didn't reciprocate the feelings...so the clingy stuff has never been a negative issue...except that the guy typ. falls in love with me way too quick and then I have an "insta relationship" on my hands...lol.

There are lots of different types of women out there. Don't you think the 3 types you describe here are all pretty much the same type just manifesting their low self-esteem in different ways? Do you think you choose women with lower self-esteem to protect yourself from getting hurt? This could be subconscious. I think that is what I have done with guys.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 19-07-12 at 06:35 AM.

I agree with Maple. You have described 3 different presentations of women with low self esteem. Is that all you can attract? To me it sounds like you are still going out with different versions of the same person, which is perfectly natural when you look at the psychology of relationships. Who we are going to be attracted to is determined very early in life and we search for certain traits to fulfil our needs. Even when people start to "change their type" they will inevitably end up with the same sort of person they have been with before.

How do you truly get over this issue? By working on yourself. You need to identify what you are trying to fulfil by having a partner. What are you lacking that you need someone with those traits to feel whole? Discover these things and you will be open to different types of people.

You also need to develop excellent communications skills. I'd love to know what you say to the girl who thinks she isn't good enough for you. Work on yourself and I think you will find there are as many different types of women as there are colours.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

This idea of three types is more of a thought experiment. Of course these are the most extreme cases of each Archetype. Even as Maple so put it she could feel a small identification with one of them.

MaidenMinx,

The problem is once you get where I am in my life people seem to stand almost in awe. I'm 29 and a millionaire a few times over. I've developed technologies that have gone into technologies like the iPhone. To add insult to injury i'm really attractive.

The last girl spelled out my problem in plain black and white to me. "Your gorgeous, talent and rich and you know it. No women is going to feel adequate to you."
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    I once heard a quote that went something like; "We keep falling in love with different versions of the same person."

I'm 29 and in my earlier days I can say that was pretty true but now that I've broken that habit I've noticed an uncomfortable truth.

Type 1: The Cling-On. You know this one. After one date they're hooked. Calling you, Texting and adding you on Facebook a little to much and a little too soon. Hitting you up the night after the date to see when you're gona go out again. These girls also tend to state the obvious and then add: "See I understand you. I'm not like the other girls. I wont hurt you." or my favorite; "You'd make a great dad." and its like... "Umm... You realize this is the 2nd time we've gone for coffee?"

Type 2: "You can't please me": These girls are arguably the most damaged of the three types. No matter what you do, say or how decent the Chemistry is they've learned to treat a man like he couldn't possibly ever please her. These girls are the most likely to cheat and typically spend just a little to much time poking at their phone and casually dropping the fact other boys are hitting her up. They will say and do anything to convince you you're not good enough and they are uninterested but will never be too far away from your click and become borderline Psychotic when you loose interest.

Type 3: "I'm not good enough for you.": This girl is really the kind I'd be most interested in. They are typically pretty down to Earth and don't play the type of games the other two do. I'll have great chemistry with these girls and their very flirty. Once things get more intimate they imminently respond by clamming up but will be very quick to say things like; "I really shouldn't admit this but I don't think i'm good enough for you." and "I just got out of a very serious 4month relationship about a year ago and I'm just not ready."

All three archetypes SCREAM "I have no self esteem" but only Type 3 is honest about it. "Well thats the keeper." some would say but frankly I can't stay attracted to any women who doesn't have any self esteem.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who encounters this.
    There are some truth to it. Out of my 5 ex's, last 2 ex's follows the exact form.

Ex 1, Type 1. clingy, unable to form her mind on anything, and constantly talking about future with me. what's going to be name of our kids after 7 months of dating. (WTF???)
    Ex 2. Type 2. Psycho. bitchy, selfish, arrogant, thinks the world circles around her. always checks her phone and texts, constantly telling me this or that guy is asking her out. Nothing but problem. After I broke up with her, she's nothing but a pain in the butt. Walls and walls of text messages. borderline crazy...

Currently I'm going out with a similar Type 3. and I think I found my true love. down to earth and realistic about what going around her.

Hmmm...you know this whole discussion seems a bit shallow. People don't fall under categories unless you put them there...you are creating all of these dynamics yourself. Don't make it obvious that you are so rich...try and branch outside of your comfort zone and meet different types of people. Everyone is different and there are women out there that surely will not feel intimated by your looks or wealth. You are not the first attractive millionaire ya know? I have been in love with a millionaire and a high school drop out bartender w/no bank account...lol. The only thing that should really matter when you are starting to date someone is how you make each other feel...not what you look like or how big your bank account is. Who gives a shit?

There are sooooo many accomplished women out there...I hope you find one.

(And hey, if you want to fly a private jet around the country and go to a bunch of shows and music festivals take me!!! Lol. I wish I could go on tour with Furthur/Phish/Widespread Panic via a really nice RV or private plane. That is a little fantasy of mine. I could introduce you to some really awesome and unique women!! You would prob. fall in love with me though and I am taken at the moment )

My advice is to expand the circle of people you hang out with. There are a lot more types of women out there than you appear to be meeting.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

My circle is very expansive. These are the types of Archetypes that are out in the real world.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh Graham, stop chasing the damaged goods. Look for women who:

- have accomplished something with their life
    - accept compliments with grace
    - have a sense of humour

There are other traits, but if you start with these I think you'll find your luck turns around.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

most young girls are highly insecure. they've probably been screwed over by many people in their lives and are just trying to navigate a harsh world that is not friendly to naive young girls.

we're all humans and we all make mistakes.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Oh Graham, stop chasing the damaged goods. Look for women who:

- have accomplished something with their life
    - accept compliments with grace
    - have a sense of humour

There are other traits, but if you start with these I think you'll find your luck turns around.
    Can't find them... ANYWHERE...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

I agree with all the three kind of girls.

Can't find them... ANYWHERE...
    What world do you live in?!

I like the strong, independent, capable type that still likes to be babied and is a girly girl; now that's a tough find :-)
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    I like the strong, independent, capable type that still likes to be babied and is a girly girl; now that's a tough find :-)
    I would too if I could find one.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast