+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The one person who makes me happy i can't have

The one person who makes me happy i can't have

Here is my problem. Me & this girl are roommates. I always had a thing for her for like 4 years. idk y.
    But whenever i look at her i smile but she does not smile back. It almost hurts when i hardly get any attn from her.

Me & her used to play a round like wrestling and other stuff like watching tv for years. But now she spends all her time on the phone with this thug type guy. idk what she see's in him.

Anyway what should i ask her? , Should i tell her how i really feel?
    This is my last chance to be happy. I have end-stage kidney failure so i'm glad everyday i wake up to life but sometimes i wish i had her or someone.....

About me:
    27 y/o computer geek for a major aerospace company. Also sad to say but i'm STILL a virgin. seriously.
    Nice guy type. Was always told to respect & never cuzz at women.

Awww you poor thing. Don't waste your time with that silly girl, she has other things on her mind. You need to broaden your social life in order to meet someone. You could try on line dating or join a singles group where they arrange fun activities for singles to meet and just have fun. You may not find a GF right away but will make some new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You need to broaden your social life in order to meet someone. You could try on line dating or join a singles group where they arrange fun activities for singles to meet and just have fun.
    I don't think it would be quite that easy. A virgin at 27 kind of implies serious problems re relationships with women. Suggesting online dating and a singles group is probably as useful as suggesting jogging for a paraplegic - not going to happen. I'd suggest some kind of therapy.

You can check out "Virgin Diaries" on TLC. You might be able to watch it on the TLC website or on Youtube. Might give you insight on the many differnt lives of people who are still virgins later in life.

Awww you poor thing. Don't waste your time with that silly girl, she has other things on her mind. You need to broaden your social life in order to meet someone. You could try on line dating or join a singles group where they arrange fun activities for singles to meet and just have fun. You may not find a GF right away but will make some new friends.
    Tried match.com. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I don't think it would be quite that easy. A virgin at 27 kind of implies serious problems re relationships with women. Suggesting online dating and a singles group is probably as useful as suggesting jogging for a paraplegic - not going to happen. I'd suggest some kind of therapy.
    I have been on my share of dates and i come to find out that mostly all women want some guy that is gonna beat & cuss them out all the time. Or someone who has been in & out of jail. "The bad guy type".

I'm not that type and never will be. So what can i really do?

POF man....everytime ive gone on there ive humped sum1. dating site my ass...should be called plenty of ass, not fish lol.

and yeah you will loose out to more attractive men (as in rougher)

example some christan loving chick who does nothing bad now wants to cook for me and shit cuz well i amd direct to the point and tell her wtfs up. idk, ill say sorry if i beak somthing or damage your car until then idk. and having run ins with the law has not affected how women look at attractiveness as the bad boy.

them games might be cool but you need to find the world out side of the game. online dating is fine your just gonna go thru a lot until you find one.

i am respectful of your kidny problem though and wish you the best. but if you like your room mate well shit tell her like it is, and say what you feel. whats she gonna do kick you out....she prob needs your rent money anyway.

win win for you buddy!
    Last edited by oldskool83; 21-07-12 at 03:52 AM.

You can check out "Virgin Diaries" on TLC. You might be able to watch it on the TLC website or on Youtube. Might give you insight on the many differnt lives of people who are still virgins later in life.
    Found it on youtube. Gonna watch it tonight. Also a friend of my said i should check out a show called "Geek Love".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter84 View Post
    I have been on my share of dates and i come to find out that mostly all women want some guy that is gonna beat & cuss them out all the time. Or someone who has been in & out of jail. "The bad guy type".
    How do you know this? Do the women tell you this or are you just assuming? Is it easier for you to assume that women like rough guys or jailbirds rather than taking a long hard look at yourself and asking yourself why you don't attract women?
    Are you attractive to look at?
    Well dressed?
    Good company?
    Confident?
    Funny?

Etc etc.

I would suggest that since most men of your age are not virgins this makes you the odd one out. You need to work out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    How do you know this? Do the women tell you this or are you just assuming? Is it easier for you to assume that women like rough guys or jailbirds rather than taking a long hard look at yourself and asking yourself why you don't attract women?
    Are you attractive to look at?
    Well dressed?
    Good company?
    Confident?
    Funny?

Etc etc.

I would suggest that since most men of your age are not virgins this makes you the odd one out. You need to work out why.
    On mostly all dates they always say i'm too nice and they are looking for a bad guy type. SERIOUSLY.

Yes.
    Yes. Work in a office so i'm mostly always wearing a men's warehouse suit.
    100% YES. My friends keep calling me asking to hang-out.
    Almost yes on the confident.
    100% YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter84 View Post
    On mostly all dates they always say i'm too nice and they are looking for a bad guy type. SERIOUSLY.
    Often women use the 'nice' epiphet as a way of saying thanks but no thanks. But if the women you date have said they are looking for a bad guy type then do you really want to know such wierd women? Have they actually said what they mean by a bad guy type.
    I come back to my original point, 27 year old virgins are thin on the ground and I'd take a long hard look at yourself.
    Also I find it hard to believe that so many women from the US like bad men whatever that means.

You get what you pay for if it is a free website. Try a paid dating/match maker service that provides a dating coach to help you prepare for your dates. They personally set you up on dates. None of this a girl gets a 100 hits and you are competing with a 100 other guys.

Bad men: guys with a strong personality, exudes confidence, but doesn't put women up on a pedestal.