+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A bad Trip. Smokers annonymous. YIKES

A bad Trip. Smokers annonymous. YIKES

I didn't smoke much as a teenager but it was around from time to time. About a week ago I got a pot card. In the state of California you can literally just walk into a "Pot doctor" fill out a sheet and be handed a prescription for Marry Jane. Within two hours of making the decision of getting one I had it and had already been to the despondencery.

I got an Indica and Sativa for the differing effects. "Cloud 9" was suppose to help me sleep while "Green Crack" was suppose to help me write and paint. I got a free edible. Don't know what it was but it was baked into a cake pop.

I ate half the pop and an hour later nothing... Ate the other half and another hour passed. I decided to smoke some of the Cloud 9 and before I could even get back into the house I was having a full psychotic episode. It was scary as hell. I've never had a mental disorder neither has anyone in my family but now I feel like i can understand people that do. It was shocking. I could literally feel reality slip away. It was like someone had run into the room and pealed back my skin and all sensation was converted into the worst hallucinations and anxiety you could imagine. It felt like space was curving away from me. Every time I tried to sleep it was like being schizophrenic. I was hearing voices and feeling sensations. Like people were in the room watching. I had this terrible sharp sensation poking into the top of my head. It felt like a full and complete break from reality.

At one point I thought I was feeling myself dieing and instead of being afraid I remember thinking; "How bizarre. I'm going to know what dieing is like to late to tell anyone how it feels." The loneliness of that moment still has me a bit awe struck.

I don't remember what all happened but I woke up the next working feeling alright other than some residual anxiety and downish mood. Hand eye coordination didn't return for a few more hours.

It freaked me out. I'm not terribly experience with Weed but im hoping I just took to much or mixed two strains I shouldn't have. I REALLY hope this isn't the onset of something really terrible like Schizophrenia or something.

Anyone else have a really bad trip before?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

why do you even use those stuff? dont you love yourself?

It was the edible or cake pop that you ate...I am about 90% sure. Sometimes it takes several hours for the cannabinoids/thc oil in an edible to metabolize and start working. It all depends on your body. Edibles can be tricky and a lot of people don't ingest marijuana/thc via a food b/c it's a little unknown on how much to take, how long it will last, how long it takes to kick in etc...the strength of an edible is hard to pinpoint...even if you know how much thc oil went into the batch of whatever it is. Anyway, whenever you eat edibles just eat a tiny bit of 1 type and wait. Wait 24/hrs and see what happens. It take a while to get used to edibles, but they are SO much better than smoking!!! Smoking anything is bad for you. You don't have to just eat sweet edibles either. You can make anything you want with thc oil...its just an oil.

I know some people who have had similar experiences as you...you were just really really really high and couldn't handle it. I have done that before too many years ago. I thought I was going crazy! Just chug water and go for a walk and/or sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    Anyone else have a really bad trip before?
    Far too many.

Essentially, what's going on is your nervous system is on "high alert mode", and you become extremely aware and anxious about everything. You can sometimes be 100% convinced you're going to die. Read up on this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_trip

Bad trips on LSD are truly horrific.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had an experience with hash cake that was so horrific that it put me off weed for life. It was like my mind was a glass of water and it had been tipped over and spilled across the table.

There are no funny stories from the experience though because all I could do was lie with my face pressed against pressed against the bathroom floor. I lay there for eight hours straight.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.