+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's just not ready

She's just not ready

I have been dating this girl for a few months and we just broke up. In the beginning we both decided to keep it casual,nothing serious. She just came out of a serious relationship of six months.She just got divorced six months prior to dating this other guy. Unfortunately I have started to develop feelings for her,believe me I wasn't looking for this either. Anyway we had a discussion a couple of weeks ago about seeing other people and I was fine with it.Suddenly I wanted more, and told her such and she just can't right now.I get the fact that she can't because she has kids and the guy that she dated for six months became close to her kids so I do understand why she wants to keep things casual. Aside from the fact that she had been married for 14 years..Just for the record I have always been the type of guy that has had no problem seeing other people but for some reason I just don't/can't "share" her..I think we are just at different points in our lives. We are both 39. I decided to just end it because of the fact of not being able to "share" her. I'm not sure why I"m here,maybe to just vent. I"m kinda taking it hard..Unfortunately we work in the same school district and I'm going to run into he from time to time. I have totally cut off all communication with her...Just want to know if I have done the right thing? I know I can't handle her seeing other people while she's still in my life..Thanks for any input.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At 39 years old and (I'm guessing) a teacher, you are clearly mature and experienced. Divorces are difficult and I'm not surprised she broke off with her first BF after her ex. This seems common, especially after such a long marriage. Cutting all contact seems extreme but do what you must to keep yourself on an even keel. I would suggest you be polite tho, if you ever want to leave the door open for something in future.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There is no doubt about being polite and cordial to her,that's what I'm going to do.I think my biggest problem is that if she is in my life I will have a hard time trying to start something new with someone else. It's funny because I've never,ever had a problem dating several women at once.I guess I'm just looking for something solid.Thanks for the reply.