+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my boyfriend is driving me crazy

my boyfriend is driving me crazy

hi everyone. so as you all know i just moved in with my boyfriend a couple of months ago. and things are going really well, but sometimes i think he thinks his committment to me overrides everything and he can just act any which way he wants. he's totally jealous of everything i do. he gets upset because i have this site and my myspace page. when i was doing my myspace page any noise my computer would make he's say something like, "see, you're gonna have all those pop ups now and your computer is gonna crash, blahblahblah." what the hell is up with that? he's so damn insecure about everything and he has to diss everything i do. anyway, i'm just venting some frustration.

Oooh, yuck. It's hard to deal with another person's insecurity and jealousy cuz you can't control it. All you can do is try to reassure him. But sometimes all the reassurance in the world won't stop it!

Blech. Good luck!

moving in with someone for the first time is one of the hardest things to go through. When I moved in with my boyfriend everything changed. That's why I believe people should live together before they get married because you need to find your place and learn how to share the responiblities. Ask him what the hell his real problems is because i think it's not just you on the computer

i think you may be right. thanks. he has been one to be a little passive agressive and not tell me things because he doesn't want to be an ******* boyfriend... doesn't make sense does it?

jealousy is fine upto an extent coz then u know that he/she really cares. when it starts to override reason, then it becomes a pain in the.....

ask him what his problem is... tell him that u love him straight and only once and then ask him to resolve his problem.

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

okay cool. i think i will.

What do you have the myspace page for?

I would use it only to try to get laid, but if you have other motives, maybe you should explain them to your boyfriend. Or maybe you should just not f*ck around so much online. You don't want to end up a virtual whore, like me.

"see, you're gonna have all those pop ups now and your computer is gonna crash, blahblahblah." what the hell is up with that?
    What do you mean what the hell is up with that? It's a totally true statement! I don't see what was wrong with it... Maybe you are the one who is insecure, and you're taking things personally and getting defensive when all you really have to do is laugh and tell him he's cute when he's jealous, but you love only him.

Why is that so hard for women? You're all insecure little bitches, I swear, all of you!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    What do you have the myspace page for?

I would use it only to try to get laid, but if you have other motives, maybe you should explain them to your boyfriend. Or maybe you should just not f*ck around so much online. You don't want to end up a virtual whore, like me.

What do you mean what the hell is up with that? It's a totally true statement! I don't see what was wrong with it... Maybe you are the one who is insecure, and you're taking things personally and getting defensive when all you really have to do is laugh and tell him he's cute when he's jealous, but you love only him.

Why is that so hard for women? You're all insecure little bitches, I swear, all of you!

Peace.
    i don't know why it's so hard. but i think i'll take that advice. i'll practice some of the things i learned in 'sex and the perfect lover' tonight, that'll make him feel better.

Misombra----Perhaps he wants to be included in everything that you do. Share in everything etc etc. If you're feeling stifled, than tell him so. In the same way, you can't look over his shoulder either!

i don't look over his shoulder. i trust this man with my life. but i don't think he wants to be involved, i think he's worried that, like donut boy said, that i'm putting myself out there more than he would like me to. but what he doesn't know is that, unlike donut boy, people put themselves out there for more than just getting laid. i got it for friends. i have a lot of friends out of town and it's my way of keeping in touch and making new friends. i try to include him in things but he's not interested in them. they're my interests and i think he's just trying to adjust to them. just like i'm trying to adjust to his playing video games on the computer for hours at a time. but i think dymondgirl has a point you know? it's all about adjust to each other and getting used to each other. there will be times when we drive each other crazy.

im going thru the same thing with my new b/f u see we have spent the last two weeks together at his house since i have been on spring break and my kid has been gone on vacation and i noticed that he is a bit insecure. We are just getting to know eachothers friends and family and well on my way home from the hosp i was like ohh lets stop and get some smoke so he called up his cuz and i dropped by (he lives closer to me) and well we hung out and talked for about 1/2 hour and woah was my cellie going off and he was like i didint know u were gonna take that long i was like wtf? Then he told me im just greedy and i want to spend all my time with you, i do have to admit that when someone puts thier insecurties on me i totally get turned off by that and i am not ohhhh baby you are so cute it really bugs me. I guess ill take the advice too and try it,
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

yeah me too. too me it's not cute, it's a turn off. i totally agree.

Misombra---Haha, the gaming obsession. Tell me about it. I came by my date's house at 7.30pm and he was glued to the console. At 10.30pm, I put my shoes on, picked up my handbag and proceeded to walk out. He jumps up and says, "Wait where are you going, we haven't even talked yet???". I was about to burst a blood vessel, but something stopped me. Instead I just said, "Give me the console".
    Wound up gaming till 3am.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.