+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to fall back in love.

Trying to fall back in love.

Hi, i have been with my boyfriend for 4 years now, he is my first love and im his. for the first couple of years i treated him like crap, i had massive jealously issues, and tormented him everyday with crap, he stayed with me coz he loved me, i dont no why i did any of that, but i have changed now and feel alot happier. He gave me no reason to be jealous it was just somthing inside me. the problem is that now he doesnt love me, he took too much shit from me and doesnt feel anything for me anymore. He says he still wants to be with me because now im the person he always wanted me to be, happy, but he can't fall back in love with me. He has tryed hard to make himself love me but nothing is happening. Its very frustrating for him and me. I dont know what to do, let him go now that hes over me or help him to fall back in love with me again, which i dont know how to do. please help!!!

It's not about you treating him like crap that has made him fall out of love. Time has. Sometimes relationships just expire. As we get older we change, some more than others. Our goals, interests and perspectives will change as we mature. He has grown out of this relationship, but stays because he fears the unknown......it is only familiarity and security is keeping him there. Typically of first loves, there is an urge to experience other relationships....the "what if" there is more out there to experience other than this. I believe this is where he is at. There is no point in staying together if he can't love you. Try separation for awhile and see if feelings change, if not then you have your answer.

I disagree with smackie, in that I do think you treating him like shit made him stop loving you. I do agree with smackie's solution though.

I just find it a coincidence that now that you have changed, all of a sudden he no longer loves you. Maybe he loved the girl that was horrible to him.....now there's no more challenge, liked the drama in a relationship. Just throwing the suggestion out there for sh its and giggles.

Thanks for the suggestions Time will tell