+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I fell in love with a girl from another country who I met on holiday...

I fell in love with a girl from another country who I met on holiday...

Hello everybody and thanks for your time for reading this.
    I'm Tom, 22 years old and I live in Belgium, so I'll try to do this in my best English.
    This summer, I went on holiday in Italy for 10 days. (I'm a few days back home right now)
    The second day when I was there, I met a girl and fell in love immediately. The rest of my days in Italy, we had a great time: Kissing, hugging, doing things together in the city and so on. Really perfect.

The strange thing is that I never felt like this way before. I had some relationships before but this girl is very special. When she left to her hometown Milan (Italy) I felt really melancholic and sad. And it's still the same right now. I just know she fits so good with me and she is a very special girl. Now the thing is we really love each other but I live in Belgium and she in Milan, which is about 900 km's away from each other.
    I love her so much so I really want to do everything to keep this love going on. I want to take the plane to Milan 1-2 times in a month and when the love holds on I would propose to move to Italy. The girl is a frightened through the distance, because I can't see her a lot and she will cry when I leave every time.
    Now my question to you all is, what should we do?

Thanks in advance for your time, really hope to get a helpfull response!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Do you want to try to have a long distance relationship?
    Does she?
    Then try it. BUT I do not think it will work. Most long distance relationships do not work. AND, can you really begin a long distance relationship when you do not really know each other? Do you have enough money to be able to see her regularly?
    Bonne chance mon ami.

Move there if you feel strongly about her. You'll always wonder what if, if you don't.

@Boisdevie I want to try a long distance relationship, if it's only on long term. I do not want to keep this long distance relationship up for about several years. I just want to do this in the first time to see if we really are made for each other. And when this is confirmed, I move to Italy or when the answer is no, I stay in Belgium off course. About the money, she's worth every penny. But I understand your feedback, and when thinking rationally, they are right remarks you make.