+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How We Met

How We Met

Who doesn’t love a great love story? I wanted to create a space for everyone to share their love stories. Whether it worked out or did not, this is not a place to share heartache, but a place to feel the love. Hopefully, for all those of us that are reading these stories, it will help us get into a great mindset and stories will be shared. We ask you to not disrespect this space with negative comments. Please feel free to add your story/stories of “So we met..” about you and a significant other.

Here’s a great workplace love story! Don’t forget to comment and tell us yours!

So we met..when we were both new to our company. They had a buddy system, and I went to the HR ladies and requested Bridgette to be assigned my buddy. Of course my intentions were completely dishonorable. I mean who wouldn’t she was the most beautiful, sweetest, kindest girl in our orientation class, and quite easily, the whole company. And I was a lucky man when she accepted the offer. I took the cowards approach first breaking in our friendship with “work buddy” related outings. Eventually our relationship grew past coffee friends I am now married 5 years to the woman I will always think is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Black Tie Affair

We love this one! Share with us one of yours and we’ll feature!

So we met..at a Black Tie fundraiser event for the Irish Fund at the Lincoln Center in NYC. Neither of us were Irish, we has both by our firms. I had noticed him and his colleague walking into the event, noticed he was not wearing a black tie. Sometime into the night, after the dinner, after the dessert, after the dancing, well into the drinks, we started talking. Turns out we had both done study abroad at the same university at the same time! Of course our paths never crossed. I was absolutely charmed by him and his very cute Scottish accent while he recited parts of my favorite Neruda poem. A man who drinks Guinness and recites Neruda, who could have asked for more! As we talked we realized we had so many uncanny things in common and by the end of the night, we politely exchanged numbers and held hands for a bit. I just could not wait to see him again; I had not felt that way in years!

We had to share this one! Leave us one of yours! And don’t forget to let us know which one you love!

“Programmed for Love”

So we met..first during a Saturday program for “gifted and talented children” in elementary school. Didn’t think much of him. We went to two separate elementary school and it wasn’t until freshman year of high school that I saw him again, assigned the seat next to me in typing class. Once again didn’t think much of the quiet guy. I moved in the middle of my freshman year to another school where I moved on with my life and graduated from high school. Then, the second week of college during Java programming class, who just happens to be sitting next to me, the boy I knew so long ago. We instantly gravitated towards each other. I didn’t even know what I was missing all these years.

It was at an orgy. She was being double teamed by two midgets. I just knew that she was 'the one'.