+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this more than just friendship ?

Is this more than just friendship ?

Hello

I am 40 male India and I have a female pen-pal who is 30 years old from another country. We have been pen-pals for around a year now.

She replies to every mail of mine and sometimes when she is late in replying (by about 15 days) sometimes she apologies and gives a reason for the delay in writing back. This has happened about six times now. Yes she is busy because she always writes her email past midnight.

I once sent her my picture when I knew her for six months and she sent hers and said "I usually don't share personal info like pictures with people I don't know personally but I am sending you one hoping you would keep it to yourself. Thats why I don't have any social networking account.

I once sent her some pictures of a palace in my country and she replied "Thanks for the amazing pictures. If I ever visit India I will go to that city and visit that Palace.

Is this just friendship or something more ?

my gramma has a pen pall, it was a lady but she visited her a once. took about 60 years. guess they did that penn pal stuff when they were in grade school years ago. prob should do it still, might make people understand each other more

Hard to tell without more of the details...I would just ask her how she views the relationship and what the past year of correspondence has meant to her. How intimate is your correspondence? Do you talk about past relationships and what you look for in a partner etc...? Seems like a friendship though based on what you wrote above.

Based on your details I see nothing here other than a simple penpal.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

It's possible she is married or has a BF so she is less available to reply to your messages. I have a feeling whomever she is with could restrict her from making friends, and doesn't allow her to be on any social network. "Keep the picture to yourself" is an indication of this. The conversation shows no indication of romantic feelings at all so yes it's only friendship.

if you want more than friendship forget about her ... if not carry on

I think it's just a pure friendship.

Just friendship may be I am wrong it will be better if you share some mail with us.
    Quote library is a great place to read all your favourite quotes. Love quotes, life quotes, Inspirational quotes and many more.