+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me??

Does he like me??

Okay I was in a long term relationship since I was 16, I'm now 20, it was my first bf, my first kiss and everything and it lasted nearly 4 years... Our relationship got Rocky about 5 or so months ago when my bf just changed completely, withdrew from me, became distant and moody. He would ignore me for days, get angry if I text him too often and I tried so so so hard to make him happy, did everything he asked of me and let him treat me like crap because I loved him and didn't wanna lose him. Things got much worse to the point were I wasn't sure I had a bf .... Then one night I was in the pub and this very good-looking guy who I've known for a while was asking why the hell I was still with him? He said I was too scared to leave the relationship because of my low self esteem and I was inclined to agree with him. This guy told me I shouldn't be so dependent on a boy who obviously doesn't wanna be with me, he said he thought I was really pretty and then said that if my relationship ended he would ask me out... To which I replied, my relationship isn't going to end I KNOW my bf loves me! But the very next day my bf drove to my house at half 1 in the morning to break up with me. I was utterly heart broken and devastated! I made myself look a fool by begging him to come back and ringing him like 30 times a day, I dropped 11lbs in a fortnight and got really depressed and managed to convince myself he would change his mind. But weeks passed and I grew to accept that things weren't going to snap back to normal and then I found out he's been sleeping with a 38 year old woman (only 4 years younger than his mum) and its like a switch just flicked and I realised he isn't the person I fell in love with, I came to peace with the ending of my relationship and was quite happy on my own. But then I was at a party a couple of days ago and the good-looking guy from the pub was there!! And his words came swimming back! I was suddenly mortified at the thought that he might have been joking! He is deffo out of my league so I can't really ask him outright I'd die if he said he was just trying to be kind! It's frustrating that I can't tell if he likes me. He hasn't asked me out but he seems to like sit wherever I am and I've noticed we pick on each other a lot. He stares in my eyes when we are talking but he didn't make any obvious moves and now I'm not sure if he does like me or not :/ my friends think he does ... Is there any really good signs to look out for? Ive literally only had one relationship and I'm not at all good with these things *

That is your low self esteem talking, stop listening to it. The guy wants to ask you out....give him some solid signals that you are interested.

yOUR topic is going fast . But to the point i like that.

But dont you think you are going to fast from guy to guy? And looks is noting. He can look good and small bitter.

And i think your first bf was more of a childhood thing , now he is grown and the feelings change.
    So good that you moved on.

But maybe you need to take time to come to yourself instead of running into arms of a guy that look nice from the outside.
    tHATS why many gets hurt very easy. cause they are to much busy with looks and going from bf to bf.

_ Your STORY is going fast i mean. Cause it sounds like everything happen the same day.

Heres a bit of a time line lol... Our relationship was rocky for about 5 months before the guy in the pub had that convo with me, next day my bf broke up with me, aboutttt 2 and a half weeks later we went to a wedding together after he said we were more on a break. After the wedding we slept together. For about a week after the wedding things were shaky and he got to the point were he was ignoring me completely. Then I found out that he was sort of seeing the 38 year old who was sat on our table at the wedding and they'd secretly exchanged numbers. I cried for lIke a week solid and then I was just teary and numb for a week. That's when I dropped the weight. Then I found out they were actually sleeping together and to just sort of accepted things. Then it was about another week after this episode of calm that I bumped into pub guy (who by the way I do know as we are in the same circle if friends) he is not only good looking but hes one Of those boys you assume is arrogant and then when you sit down and talk to them they are actually pretty deep, I don't know him THAT well tho but I know I'd like to :/ tho I still feel weird and guilty about letting myself have feelings of any sort for other men

Oh and please nobody think I'm quick and easy ... As I said I've only ever had one boy! I mean in EVERY way, only ever romantically kissed, hugged or even held hands with my ex.

Well maybe you need more time to heal so you are more comfortable about dating again. This guy sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and understands relationships pretty good. Remember good looking people don't always want someone of equal looks. This guy actually went out of his way to talk to you about your situation because he likes you. So never think he is out of your league. It seems that your circle of friends approve of you two getting together, so stop over thinking things, relax and just get to know him better before jumping into a relationship.

I say go for it. Otherwise, you'll never know and will be kicking yourself for losing what could've been.

And whatever you do, don't allow yourself to get nervous or overthink anything. First of all because it increases your chances of chickening out or hesitating, and secondly because if he's really as good looking and sweet as he seems, you might lose him to someone else who asks first if you wait too long and don't let him know you'd like to be with him.