+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm Crazy About a Man From Another Country

I'm Crazy About a Man From Another Country

The most amazing this has happened to me this last week, and maybe you'll call me crazy, but I just have to get this out there. I'm a young adult female from America, and I had the privilege of traveling to London this last week to visit and see the Olympics! As part of the trip, I met up with two of my British friends so they could show me around London while I was staying there.

So here is where the story gets interesting. Lets call the two friends Ed and Eddy. Being from America, I met them on a writing forum when I was 13 (many years ago). My sister actually dated Ed online for over a year and he ended up coming to America to visit us, so between speaking on the internet and visiting we became good friends. His best friend, Eddy, I also have been speaking with on the internet since I was 13, and have developed a sort of bond (whether there be believers of that or not).

However, it had been almost 8 years I had been waiting to meet Eddy - and it finally happened last week. But what happened when we did I never expected ... at all. As soon as we met, we found we had the most amazing chemistry. And I don't mean just a little - like the blow you away chemistry where there's tension and charge between you. Our senses of humor are exactly the same, and we spent the whole time flirting and laughing until our faces hurt. There were long pauses where we would just hold each other's gaze. Simply, it was phenomenal.

What gets me so badly is that I have been in an out a few relationships in the past years, and never really felt that same type of electricity or chemistry with another person since my first love, over four years ago. Eddy was charming, handsome, polite, funny ... and I already knew I could share personal things with him and he understood me because we had been talking for so long! I just can't get him out of my head - I've been thinking about him non stop since we said goodbye. Every boy that I had thought was "cute" or "eligible" back in the USA just doesn't matter to me anymore. Am I crazy?! What can I do?! I'm kind of a hopeless romantic and believe in "the one" and the whole "listening to your heart" thing, but also try to err on the side of realism (which usually takes you two separate directions). Eddy said he planned on coming to the US near my city and that he'd visit me in two months ... I don't want a long distance relationship but when these kind of feelings show up I simply cannot ignore them. Is this whole thing crazy, or should I just try to stay realistic and wait out my feelings?
    Last edited by MikeNessMonster; 31-07-12 at 03:52 AM.

I'll never understand the humain nature , never ever ....
    he is good handsome, funny, nice, polite, there is chemistry between you, but you dont want a long term relationship ...
    I hope you'll never regret it .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNessMonster View Post
    I'm kind of a hopeless romantic

Do you honestly expect that this will work? You are thousands of miles apart. It will not work and you could waste years of your life in some kind of stupid long distance 'relationship' when you could be actually seeing a real person in real life instead of wasting your time on Skype or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by love_architect View Post
    I'll never understand the humain nature , never ever ....
    he is good handsome, funny, nice, polite, there is chemistry between you, but you dont want a long term relationship ...
    I hope you'll never regret it .
    Did I say "long term"? I said "long distance". At least that's what I meant anyway. Its the distance that's the problem... Its not as though I wouldn't try it however.

Did I say "long term"? I said "long distance". At least that's what I meant anyway. Its the distance that's the problem... Its not as though I wouldn't try it however.
    yes you said long term, and you edit it, any way you said he is planing to come to US ..so where is the problem ?

[QUOTE=but also try to err on the side of realism . [/QUOTE]

while reading i was like really? all those friendships and relationships on the internet?
    girl are you and your sister for real?how old are you? 21?

you all childish and wants a guy to desperate..

and i think you just are in love again.its not that special, im shore you act like this every-time you are in love .
    and tells what for special you feel between you and the other exes when you saw them the first time.
    take time to know him . but how if you all so far away from each other?

Well if they believe in long distance relationship they'll be finding ways of seeing each other. Love is where people turn into idiots

Quote Originally Posted by johndemi View Post
    Well if they believe in long distance relationship they'll be finding ways of seeing each other. Love is where people turn into idiots
    thumb up!!!
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

This forum turns people into idiots.

English people suck. Forget this noob. He probably pumps sheep.

However, it had been almost 8 years I had been waiting to meet Eddy - and it finally happened last week. But what happened when we did I never expected ... at all. As soon as we met, we found we had the most amazing chemistry. And I don't mean just a little - like the blow you away chemistry where there's tension and charge between you. Our senses of humor are exactly the same, and we spent the whole time flirting and laughing until our faces hurt. There were long pauses where we would just hold each other's gaze. Simply, it was phenomenal.
    Go for it full throttle ... whether it works or not depends on many things which just cannot be analysed now. you wont know for sure unless you try it. ask him direct whether he is interested in you and try to work out something so that you cud be together in the same city.

no risk means no gain ... i have known plenty of girls who lose out on chances like this and keep complaining that their life is so complicated that nobody understands them.