+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a song??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Frasbee, it's good to be appreciated.

It's all about coming to terms with your contempt and your boredom, in that order.

Ciao!

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    One.moron, you make me seethe. Yeah, that's right, S-E-E-T-H-E, seethe!

Why?

Well, first of all, I wasn't endorsing a system where all muslim women "show their bodies" to everyone. In fact, I'm not sure if I said that ever. It's my opinion that women should be free to cover up and show off as much as they goddamn want to. (Hehe, "goddamn.")

And since when is Buddhism "praying to a statue?" In fact, in all my years of studying religions, the closest thing to something like that would be in, you guessed it, Islamic tradition.

You know! How everyone must pray in the direction of the Kaaba? Come on, you should know this, I can't believe how badly you set yourself up! Oh well, should be fun for me.

The Kaaba is a large granite cube. Muslims face it when they pray. So who's "praying to a statue?"

Oh, one.moron, maybe you should investigate eastern philosophy a bit more. Not every means of spirituality involves seeing yourself as a sinner, or someone that needs to be saved; or punished or rewarded, for that manner. Some people choose to seek the divine on their own accord, and not accept some doctrine as the ultimate truth.

It's about experiencing the transcendent, one.moron, not nodding and bowing in blind agreement. This is what I see in churches and mosques and temples, behind all the false smiles (remember, this is all unspoken) :

"I believe in this, don't you?" "Oh, of course, so does he, right?" "Yeah, I do, John does, right?" "Yeah, well, I do. It's very personal to me." "I don't want to argue." "These are my beliefs, you should respect them." "You can't question God's will." "I believe this, I believe, I believe, I believe..."

Find God for yourself, one.moron. Look inside.
    from what i read ........you know nothing about islam.....
    so don't you dare to say that you studied about islam.......ok?

[URL=http://www.islamway.com/mohammad/?lang=eng]WHO IS MOHAMMED...P.B.U.H[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/uiatm/un_islam.htm]understanding islam and muslims[/URL]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by one.m
    from what i read ........you know nothing about islam.....
    so don't you dare to say that you studied about islam.......ok?
    He's got you, you can't deny it.

All I see in that picture are thousands of people bowing down to one big piece of rock.

You set yourself up for that.

Buddhism is a very respectable religion, in part that it's an incredibly peaceful and tolerant.

I'm not familiar with any Buddhist terrorist groups.

Haha, one.moron, you're saying I'm wrong?

Forgiving you of the obvious fallacy in such an assertion (I am never wrong) allow me to ask you, how?

Do you deny that the Kaaba is a large granite cube? Do you deny that muslims are supposed to pray facing it? Do you- aw f*ck this...

Bottom line: You suck. So does your religion. Deal with it, maggot.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's goin' on here donut?

You were doing good up until that line there. I would not think one of your stature would stoop to such a low level of immaturity, especially after winning the argument.

i can't stand it when people think their religion or belief is the only way to believe. that's what bugs me about catholicism (i was raised catholic). it's not that i don't like it, it's just that i don't think that's the only way to see things. there are several perspectives and islam, or catholicism, or judaism, or christianity, or buddhism, or hinduism or anything else isn't the only one.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i can't stand it when people think their religion or belief is the only way to believe. that's what bugs me about catholicism (i was raised catholic). it's not that i don't like it, it's just that i don't think that's the only way to see things. there are several perspectives and islam, or catholicism, or judaism, or christianity, or buddhism, or hinduism or anything else isn't the only one.
    I was also raised Catholic, baptized, communion, and I was confirmed. But I was never raised as if my life centered around it. And never have I felt the need to devote my life to it.

Some people's lives just revolve around their religion, without it, they would be lost and distraught.

Religion is for those that need it.

As such, it's not good for everybody, though many religions dictate otherwise, some in a more extreme fashion than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    What's goin' on here donut?

You were doing good up until that line there. I would not think one of your stature would stoop to such a low level of immaturity, especially after winning the argument.
    Perhaps...

I just get a little heated sometimes, that's all. I'm still high and mighty, don't worry; it wasn't so much a "stoop" as it was spitting on ignorance from the glorious heights of my enlightenment.

Okay, I'm done. (For now.)

indigosoul Guest
    Haha, one.moron, you're saying I'm wrong?

Forgiving you of the obvious fallacy in such an assertion (I am never wrong) allow me to ask you, how?

Do you deny that the Kaaba is a large granite cube? Do you deny that muslims are supposed to pray facing it? Do you- aw f*ck this...

ahahahahahahahahaha!!!! totally awesome BD. wished i could've thought of this when i had to cook that damn halal turkey for our Xmas party last year... b/c some of our guests were, well, i digress

ahahahahahahahaha!!!

watch SouthPark: the passion & What the BLEEP do we know... sideways thinkers will find them interesting/amusing

"watch SouthPark: the passion & What the BLEEP do we know... sideways thinkers will find them interesting/amusing..."

I'm hip to two of those that you mention, but what is "The Passion?" Is it a movie?

Not the "Passion of Christ," is it, no, that wouldn't fit... You've stumped me.

?

"watch SouthPark: the passion & What the BLEEP do we know... sideways thinkers will find them interesting/amusing..."

I'm hip to two of those that you mention, but what is "The Passion?" Is it a movie?

Not the "Passion of Christ," is it? No, that wouldn't fit... You've stumped me.

?

indigosoul Guest
    "

Not the "Passion of Christ," is it, no, that wouldn't fit... You've stumped me.

?
    Same. South Park did their own take on "Passion of Christ". Nice little bit of satire.

[url]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/south_park_the_passion_of_the_jew/[/url]
    Last edited by indigosoul; 01-04-05 at 03:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12