+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship advice

relationship advice

I need some advice.

Currently im in a relationship of 6 months, everything is going great apart from one thing.
    This past 1+ month my gf is being very moody and mostly in a very bad mood, she didn't say anything but I noticed she was a bit detached and weird so I asked her and she said that often times she feels like not talking to anyone or not really wanting any company, nor me, nor family, nor friends. She says she doesn't even know herself anymore and that she was never like this and that shes ok some days but most days she feels like this, now this is going on for about 1 month now and she doesn't even have any clue why she feels this way and its still going on so im starting to get worried.
    Why do you think she feel this way and why does she not know the reason behind it? And why is it going on for over 1 month now?

It sounds like depression to me. I used to suffer from it quite often in my 20's. I didn't want to talk to friends or family or even to get out of bed. I only wanted to pull the curtains, be by myself and escape reality through junk food, TV and computer games.

I think it was caused by a combination of things. It was my unhealthy lifestyle, general loneliness, frustration over my meaningless job and general existential angst.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    It sounds like depression to me. I used to suffer from it quite often in my 20's. I didn't want to talk to friends or family or even to get out of bed. I only wanted to pull the curtains, be by myself and escape reality through junk food, TV and computer games.

I think it was caused by a combination of things. It was my unhealthy lifestyle, general loneliness, frustration over my meaningless job and general existential angst.
    So what would you recommend?

There are many types of treatment for depression Dude! No need for you to worry, in fact here are some. "Antidepressant tablets, mood stabilising medications, talking treatments, such as counselling and various types of psychotherapy, support with day-to-day matters while ill or recovering. " Hopefully it helps