+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean?

What does this mean?

hii guys

I'm a little confused at the moment.. I'll start at the beginning -> at work.. I was on my way to go and get a car from work out of the garage and he was coming with me.. he talked a lot in the car and asked me what I did, what my interests are,... after a few weeks, we talked more and searched for eachother all the time at work and I started to feel something for him.. then some of my colleges (who didn't know of course) told me he's kind of a flirt.. not that he sleeps with another girl every day but that he enjoys life and doesn't want anything serious untill he's 30.. After that, I didn't wanted to tell him what I felt anymore of course.. a few weeks later I found out why he is like that.. apparently, a few years ago he was getting married and 1 day before, his fiance blew him off and admitted she had feelings for his college/friend.. I understood then that he is afraid.. or i guess he is..
    When I'm getting something to drink in the cafeteria for example and he walks in with his friends he's like.. 'hi' in a not-interested way.. but when I walk past him and he's alone he smiles a lot and winks at me and stuff.. it's always like that.. with his friend he seems not interested but when we're alone he always talks and stares at me.. What does this mean? is he interested or not? I just don't want to lose him as a friend because we have to work together a lot..

Can someone help me? :s

if you have anymore questions, I would gladly answer them. thanks!

keep work and private separate! or lurn it the hard way. dont start making exuces for him! you barely know him. i think maybe he is hiding something or just plaaying with you! i think anyway its better not to start shit on your work, cause if it go's wrong your work will suffer with you!

I know that.. I've dated other colleges at other jobs and it worked out.. when we broke up we stayed professional at our job.. what do you mean make excuses for him? and for the barely know him part.. i've worked with him for a few months now..

Bottom line? If a guy doesn't treat you the same way in front of his friends as he does when you're alone, he's not worth your time. That means something's up--whether it's something he's hiding, or maybe he's trying to hide you, or maybe he's just plain not into you seriously enough to WANT to integrate you into his friendships.

One of the best ways to judge a guy's feelings for you is how he treats you in front of his friends, because he wants his friends to see him a certain way. If he's behaving this way with you when they're around, he clearly doesn't want them to see anything between you. And that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused_Girl View Post
    hii guys
    a few weeks later I found out why he is like that.. apparently, a few years ago he was getting married and 1 day before, his fiance blew him off and admitted she had feelings for his college/friend.. I understood then that he is afraid.. or i guess he is..

This is what you just said. So that is what i mean you make excuses for him to be treating you like that.
    And dating colleagues and so many times and while you are not working so long their is not professional!
    Sounds very messy to me.

And few months is noting. you still dont know who he really is in such a short time.

I'd say try to get to know him better, by keeping it professional at the same time. He might have whatnot reasons for not treating you the same way he does when he's alone or he might just be just another douche-bag.