+ Follow This Topic

Thread: y do girls flirt with guys when they already have bfs..

y do girls flirt with guys when they already have bfs..

i know these two girls who have bfs..
    theyre both semi-hot, but
    i dont understand y they have to flirst with
    every guy they come accross, when they already
    have a relationship...
    anyone wanna take a stab at this..

some girls just like the attention and are perhaps in the relationship because they get it from their boyfriends.

It's definitely for the attention. I call this "Holly Golightly" Syndrome (from Breakfast at Tiffany's? Anybody?)

But yeah, some girls care only about attention. These are the same girls who are obsessed with fame, notoriety, and rock stars. They make good groupies and are usually fun in the sack. They like to please but only until you start to bore them, or their concealed depression takes a turn for the worst.

Best thing you can do is take them for who they are. Have your fun but remember that they are self-obsessed and hence usually not trying to hurt you. They are insensitive by nature, not to be cruel. That would require paying too much attention to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    It's definitely for the attention. I call this "Holly Golightly" Syndrome (from Breakfast at Tiffany's? Anybody?)

But yeah, some girls care only about attention. These are the same girls who are obsessed with fame, notoriety, and rock stars. They make good groupies and are usually fun in the sack. They like to please but only until you start to bore them, or their concealed depression takes a turn for the worst.

Best thing you can do is take them for who they are. Have your fun but remember that they are self-obsessed and hence usually not trying to hurt you. They are insensitive by nature, not to be cruel. That would require paying too much attention to someone else.

you've got this one down to a science.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Yes, unfortunatly it sucks lololol..but hey thats life. It's more of those look but don't touch things. The problem is getting over that near "impossible not to get jealous" state.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Are you sure they're actually flirting? I know sometimes people think I'm flirting when I'm not I'm just having a really interesting conversation it just happens to be with a guy.

Claire

Donut has some good points, but so does cbee. There could be other reasons to why a girl flirts.

I used to flirt with guys when I wasn't getting enough attention from my own bf. I felt as if I wasn't attractive. I dunno, its a confidence boost.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by cbee
    Are you sure they're actually flirting? I know sometimes people think I'm flirting when I'm not I'm just having a really interesting conversation it just happens to be with a guy.

Claire
    Woman? Talking to MAN? Flirting.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    Donut has some good points, but so does cbee. There could be other reasons to why a girl flirts.

I used to flirt with guys when I wasn't getting enough attention from my own bf. I felt as if I wasn't attractive. I dunno, its a confidence boost.

Same here, i dont go out flirting with guys nor do i throw myself at them when they talk to me, but if a guy is flirting with me or checking me out, i notice and it makes me feel good, i too dont get the attention i want and need, so once in awhile it nice to know that your not as horrible as you feel sometimes.
    Remember it was a group of professionals that built the Titanic but an amateur who built the Ark
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Love isn't finding the perfect person, its seeing an
    imperfect person perfectly

Did I ever say they were "flirting"?

They just want ATTENTION, call what they do to get it whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ASHLYNN NOVA
    Same here, i dont go out flirting with guys nor do i throw myself at them when they talk to me, but if a guy is flirting with me or checking me out, i notice and it makes me feel good, i too dont get the attention i want and need, so once in awhile it nice to know that your not as horrible as you feel sometimes.
    why're you still with the guy now?

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

God this is all way to complicated. Ive had the same problem. Like she'l keep hugging for the smallest things, last week she even started snugling up to me (we were in an Ice Rink ), and whenever we as a group go somewhere, shell ALWAYS choose my car to go in. But shes taken, so i'm like, whats her angle. I gave up trying to work it out, and enjoyed the affection while it lasts cause i doubt it will continue if things get serious with this other guy. Hard not to be jeleous though.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do guys still flirt when they already have girlfriends?

You just do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2004
    why're you still with the guy now?

Theres this thing called love. You should try it , its awesome.
    Remember it was a group of professionals that built the Titanic but an amateur who built the Ark
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Love isn't finding the perfect person, its seeing an
    imperfect person perfectly

Flirting is sort of a natural thing I think, but if the girl takes it too far by allowing the guy to put his hands on her in any way, that's crossing the line IMO. If she truly cares about the person she is with she should respect his feelings. If she still allows it she obviously doesn't care about the guy she's with and she's really insecure about herself. My ex said "she was a social person" ... well that's great, just don't go letting guys hang on you then.
    [url=http://www.chaoseffect.net][/url]