+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help I am so lost and down in the dumps

Help I am so lost and down in the dumps

ineedsomehelp is on a distinguished road

Default Help I am so lost and sad
    hey everyone could use some advise.

My girl is 39 I am 32. we have been dating for over a yr and it just ended last night. Little background on her. she is mom of 2 i have no kids. she is going through a divorce and she has been legally separated for a yr . her x was in a relationship with another woman when they were still married and he cheated on her while she was having a heart transplant yeah nice guy huh! Hence why she filed for divorce. He is also a cruddy father. We love each other very much and, her kids are going through the divorce and taking it very hard her kids are 8, 5. Her daughter especially is taking it very hard hard. My gf said she feels like a bad mom and needs to be there for her kids more. She is a very good mom and does take very good care of them. She said she loves me alot and cares deeply about me. But she said she can't fully give me what i want emotionally and feels she maybe not in love like to the point i am with her. She said she needs some time to get her life in order. We are still going to remain very good friends. She also said when she is ready she would love a relationship with me in a heart beat. I told i will support her decision because i always told her that her kids come first. She says I have been a great man to her and made her feel happy all the time. Her friends see how happy she was with me and had a new zest for life. Her best friend did tell me she knows that she does care about me and loves me a lot. Her best friend also said my gf is scared and won't fully open up, this may be due to her from being in a 11 yr marriage to being on her own with 2 kids and I am the first serious relationship she has had since the separation.

What do I do? How much time do I give her? Why would she do this after a yr of dating now?

Help I am just broken hearted. I have never been this open with a girl before because I have gotten burned in the past with women I have dated. She was the first girl that opend me up and now I am at square 1 again. I love her kids and her and I don't know what to do.

My girlfriend also has a child, she sometimes struggles when we're both around because she feels like her attention is divided, so I give them the time they need on their own together every now and then.

It's good that your girlfriend is putting her kids first, that's the kind of quality that you need to look for in a woman. I had another girlfriend who also had a child and she was so obsessed with our relationship that she would forget all about what was best for her child, which in turn made me like her less because I couldn't ever imagine her having enough control to look after my child, if I'd ever let her have my child.

Give her a bit of time to miss you, it sounds like you've been supportive and not done anything wrong so she's got good reason to miss you when you're not around. Also, done hassle her, it's not a good look. See friends and find other things to keep your mind occupied.

It could be a lot worse, you could've done what I did, take a look at my last post and see if you can offer me some advice, I really need it right now.

dont regret the past, move forward for a better tomorrow