+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like my girl best friend, but she recently got with a guy.... NEED ADVICE!!

I like my girl best friend, but she recently got with a guy.... NEED ADVICE!!

My girl best friend has just recently got with a guy. It has been hurting me deep down. And I am of course jealous of him. After telling her that I liked her 2 months ago, she politely blew it off calling it a "phase" and that its not good to like your girl best friend. It has never been the same ever since. Our conversations are not as fun. But we still continue to talk and hang out. But I'm not as satisfied as before. Ever since she got with her boyfriend she has been pushing me away by talking to me less and hanging with me less. I am of course happy for her, Ive told her many times. But now I'm just sick and tired of playing the nice best friend who says whatever she wants to hear. Ive been thinking that I should just cut off all ties with her. I can't continue like this anymore. Ive been feeling really crappy inside. All of your advice/help is appreciated! I really STILL do love her, even knowing that she blew it off a while ago. Part of me wants to let go, and part of me doesn't. Im just really confused!

Well when I first started talking to her I had no intentions of ever dating or getting with her. She just all of a sudden became really close friends. We just hung out and had a lot of fun and got to know each other real well. And as far as that pretending to be her friend and faking everything. I only did that to keep her content after she got her boyfriend. But before that i was always honest to her. She was my first female best friend so i kinda don't want to break it off with her completely... she just meant a lot to me, and changed me as a person in many ways. So its really hard for me to cut off ties even if I had to. Sometimes I wish I had never told her that I liked her, I wonder what would've happened if i had just kept it to myself. And about a month and a half ago I went to her house to hang out and she decided to just kiss me. Then that week and the week after we would sleep on her bed and just cuddle. Nothing sexual though. At that point I didn't even know if we could call ourselves best friends. It was totally unexpected. Thats why I'm so confused right now. But thanks to everyone who left advice. I appreciate it.

do you know she love you?if not,maybe it's time to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by rappelz View Post
    do you know she love you?if not,maybe it's time to leave.
    like I said before, she did not share the same feelings, but then later she did all that other stuff so I had no clue. But now it doesn't matter anymore cuz she has a boyfriend.

You blew it. If you had any balls you would have made out with her, and show her you desired her sexually. That is why she kissed you, to entice you to make your move......but you were a wuss and didn't. She went somewhere else for it now. Just walk away because you are wasting your time being emotionally attached to a girl you can't have. That is just stupid.

Agree with smackie, why the hell didn't you kiss her again after she made that first move? You let 2 whole weeks pass doing nothing but cuddling. Clearly she must have thought that you weren't interested enough. You lost the moment, now all you can do is to detach yourself from her and move on.

Cultivate some balls.