+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to flirt?

How to flirt?

I never seem to realise whether someone is flirting with me, or what is considered flirting behaviour?
    I never notice if someone flirts with me, unless it's blatant or I had a couple drinks. And sometimes I get surprised by a guy attempting to kiss me, but I never sent out any signals that he could? Am I flirting without realising it, because I like convo's and stuff but I never touch someone I just met, or are those guys just not taking the right hint?

There is honestly no tell-tale sign that someone is flirting with you, but there are some subtle cues, particular kinds of body language that are common, like playing with hair, blinking excessively, blushing, etc. Bolder people might be more verbal, using innuendo or choosing sensitive topics to talk about.

guys dont need an invite to flirt. its in their genetic makeup to desire sex. you may not send signals out to suggest you want to be kissed but you probably dont send out the signals for them not to try. they look for wounded gazelles; its the nature of the beast. you have to brush up on your social skills and try observing body language because it tells all. being oblivious is basically opening the door to opportunity for them. when you are being flirtatious your body language will express that clearly. there's nothing wrong with being touching as long as you do it with style. dont set rules for yourself, it will prevent you to be natural.

My point is: nobody seems to be able to tell me what body language is flirtatious. How can you brush up on social skills when nobody can tell you what is what? See my problem here? I tend to observe people all the time, mainly because I already don't get them, because my brain works differently than that of most people so I'm already at a disadvantage.

if someone makes significant effort to talk to you, they're probably flirting.

The feelings of people is not the same, so the method is not the same.

If you are nice and attractive, people some times get the wrong idea.

Zeus Guest
    All the reponses in this topic are right: Every man pay attention to different things, but there are some signals everybody would understand like playing with the hairs, winking and much touching.
    But there are some men and women, which don't look at different signals. They only do it.

I hate flurting because we feel bad when someone cheat on us.
    Quote library is a great place to read all your favourite quotes. Love quotes, life quotes, Inspirational quotes and many more.

I love flirting. Its a wonderful way to get to know people and have fun. Here is a site that I used to get some tips on how to flirt http://www.datingadvicecentre.com/how-to-flirt/

i used to get flirt before and ended up into sex... if you don't have a Girlfriend its ok to be flirt and to get flirt. whew

Quote Originally Posted by Justincredible View Post
    if someone makes significant effort to talk to you, they're probably flirting.
    I agree its never the same but this sort of thing makes it pretty obvious. Also practice makes perfect, you will get better at it over time. Dont worry about it so much.

There are differences between open body language, and closed body language. You have to be able to understand and realize about this signals, if you want to know how to interpret what people think about you.

When someone is attracted to you, no matter if boy or girl, the body language is open. He or she probably stretch out his/her arms to you (it's a signal of affect), and doesn't stand in a defensive way. If the person doesn't like you, he/she probably will stand with his/her arms folded, won't keep close to you and won't look to your eyes for a long time.

Physical contact is a key too. If someone likes you, would touch you unless she or he is very shy.

I think it's the most simple explanation for beginners.
    Last edited by Indefinable; 11-10-12 at 06:54 PM.
    "Hope is based on what we unknow, what is everything. Hopelessness is based on what we know, what is anything."

Please, I hope you excuse my mistakes. Don't forget I'm only an intermediate student of your language. But, in order to improve, I'm trainning hard!

Flirting is someting you just have to practice and you'll get better at it. Its the same with all aspects of dating and relationships.

Perhaps you're just a very friendly and talkative person so people think you're flirting with them.
    You're flirting when you're doing a mix of teasing and joking about things directly related to the guy, to you or to both of you.
    Hope it'll help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast