+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: feel so heartbroken and depressed

feel so heartbroken and depressed

So me and this girl have been hitting it off really well for about 6.5 weeks now at my summer internship, i was planning on asking her out today, we were on really good terms and all of a sudden this random dude asked her out to lunch yesterday. I'm thinking "ARE YOU KIDDING ME...?", obviously this hurt because she ended up eating lunch with him. and apparently it's just some dude who's been working as a substitute at the security desk... well i figured i would still ask if she wanted to go out with me for the weekend since we were having lunch together today. when we ate lunch it seemed like she was always searching for someone which we can all assume was "that guy".
    when I asked her out for the weekend she said she was busy, which i know is an obvious rejection. I still tried talking with her later cuz we hung out all the time at work, but she was kinda giving me the cold shoulder and was actually pretty mean to me, which she has never been. it's the biggest BS because we were hittin it off so well, and i was so FREAKING nice and considerate to her this whole time. this random dude just swoops in, and it really hurts... i guess what they say is true, nice guys finish last.

Live and learn mate, sorry about your girl. 'Random dude' might be just as nice, you were just too slow (way too slow to be honest with you - six and a half weeks?!) Try not to feel too bitter about it.

You f ucked up and you only have yourself to blame. It took you 6.5 weeks to ask her out? That is weakness in a girl's eyes.....a turn off. If you want to stay out of the friends zone, or it's too late zone, you see a girl you like, and you hit if off anywhere from first talking to her to within a week, you ask her out. Girls are attracted to confidence which you obviously lack so that is why you failed. So learn from this experience...don't wait, just do it.

so what sup with the getting use to know someone part.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryConfuzzled View Post
    i guess what they say is true, nice guys finish last.
    Utter bullshit. Slow guys finish last. She probably just got really bored with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gotexans12 View Post
    That is what adults do to get to know someone, by going out on dates......you talk over dinner, coffee, walk on the beach, watch a movie, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    That is what adults do to get to know someone, by going out on dates......you talk over dinner, coffee, walk on the beach, watch a movie, etc.
    Then you get to shag each others brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by gotexans12 View Post
    The security guard sub is now getting to know her, because he was assertive enough to show his interest in her.

You were probably already in the FriendZone due to inaction. Now she's annoyed to find out that you weren't really her friend, just too lame to ask her out in any reasonable time frame.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

No amount of waiting would make her choose this guy instead of you, if she really liked you. If she is into you, she is into you period, so no matter how fast, or slow this guy was it wouldn't have mattered. Stop saying, and beating yourself up about it, oh, if only I could have done that, walked in a second too early, etc.

I must say her looking for him (if that's what she was doing), is a big issue, she might like him a lot.

All is not lost, just don't act like you've lost, as you will hurt your chances more - don't get sad about it and act like it's the end of the world. Also, you must realize there are plenty of girls out there.
    Last edited by toknow; 10-08-12 at 02:51 AM.

Hahahaha funny the male battle to win a womans heart.

Maybe you where to soft with your game .

Like tey say.

And while you where being in two minds, the other dude step up his game and went for it.
    Shit happens. Or you do something bigger to win her heart. or you let her go.
    But whatever you do she can say no. So dont think you will win her heart if u do something big.

I speak from experience when I say this....yes I have been turned off by inaction. So yes taking action increases your chances of gettting the girl or it saves you weeks or months of BS that leaves you wrecked.

Looking back in retrospect I realize I was waay too slow though I'm not sure that's the actual reason. I don't think there's actually anything between her and this other guy anymore but it's just odd because we were clicking so well just the entire time until the start of this week where everything is just falling through and it doesn't seem like she even wants to talk to me, much less go out with me. I figure I'm just not going to try to make a push but after next week (last week of my summer internship), I'll shoot her email just asking her what on earth happened between us. Im still utterly confused hence my username, but I'm getting over her already. I just really want to know what really happened.

I'll shoot her email just asking her what on earth happened between us.
    Oh God, please don't do that. NOTHING happened between you, that's the problem. You said you had a spark, but you were too much of a coward to do anything about it. Now apparently the spark has died. You're only going to sound bitter and confrontational if you send a message like this. At the very least have the balls not to do it via a ****ing email and actually talk to her.

To the OP, please go ahead and do this. But you must promise to tell us exactly how she replies. I'm feeling a little bit low and could do with a good laugh.

But on a more serious note are you ****ing retarded?

Okay, maybe emailing her isn't the best idea. I'm not too great at this stuff that's why I'm using these forums. So should I just ask her about in person or just ignore it altogether? I feel it would make it extremely awkward if I asked her in person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast