+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why has he stopped talking to me...

Why has he stopped talking to me...

So...I have a guy-friend who I've developed feelings for...(I'm not entirely sure which category to put this in, because he is taken, and I've made it clear to him that I have no intention of trying to break them up, and we have remained friends...so I GUESS it's kind of a friendship/complicated romantic thing)

Anyways...after he asked me whether or not I liked him, he told me it was okay and that he understood and that we would still be friends...we talked, texted, hung out quite a bit...and then he just stopped. He vaguely told me he was upset about something, but nothing more...I've tried to break the ice a few times, but I have not been badgering him or making him feel like he is obligated to me or anything...I DID tell him he could talk to me about it if he wanted, but has said nothing to me at all ever since.

What the heck?! We were getting along so well. It just sort of...happened. One day we were hanging out, and then he just stopped all contact with me. I really miss him. =( I never put any "moves" on him unless we were jokingly flirting with each other...but I do that with a lot of my platonic guy friends...I honestly don't think there was anything I did wrong, but perhaps some of you might have experienced something similar? Please tell me what would cause this kind of behavior...

Just a guess, but it sounds like he told his girlfriend that you liked him and then she told him not to talk to you anymore.

Ya I agree. As they say walk a mile in the other person's shoes, in this case his GF's shoes.....now how would you feel if you were in her position?

It's obviously he loves his GF and is respectfully cutting off contact with you.

Everyone's been there. Those feelings are always one-sided. Older folks know from experience, don't waste your time being close friends. When you're young you don't know any better and when the one half confides their feelings, the other half feels betrayed and the friendship ends.

Tip: Next time you're friendly with someone and develop feelings, let them know and tell them you can't continue to be friends. If they choose to pursue you romantically, great, if not, you won't find yourself in these awkward, unhappy situations like you are now.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest