+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOW! Best friend is dating my EX??

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    This sort of thing happens all the time. It was worse for my Great aunt.....she couldn't make her date with her BF so she asked a close friend to take her place. That night her friend and BF hit it off, and ran off together. Later they were married. So this nothing new. There is no explaining why infatuation/love makes us do these things.

No one is calling you a bad guy, hey bad things happen to good people too. The thing is you two were not married
    , no had no proof of her cheating, and it's plain to see that something about your friend really captured her heart. So ya it sucks, BUT you never know you just may find yourself in her shoes one day.
    we can't control who we like.. .but we can control not to act on those feelings.

they both acted on those feelings. and my friend really shouldn't have. its just not cool. he didn't respect my feelings to get over her first. I mean if I had more time I'd say go for it buddy llol.

There is no explianing the matters of the heart. When you are in love all logical thinking/doing the right thing goes right out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There is no explianing the matters of the heart. When you are in love all logical thinking/doing the right thing goes right out the window.
    I do have to agree with that .

Let it go...find a new friend to hang out with. It wasn't "nice" of either of them, but people can't help it sometimes. Maybe they are a better match for each other. You are still in college right? So you're still young and you will meet another girl. This stuff happens ALL the time. It sucks balls that is for sure!!! I am sorry you have to deal with this, but you will get over it. Just avoid them both and try to find other people to hang with.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by phoop007 View Post
    I wasnt over her, he just took over...
    not cool. Friends dont do that. Counslers ive been to aggree
    You've been to counselling over this? Wow.

I agree, 2 weeks is too soon. He could have had more respect and waited longer until you had a chance to recover from the breakup. If you are saying that you would have eventually been okay with it (i.e. that you don't own her forever after a breakup) then I agree with you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She probably approached him, and if he told her no, she would have ended up with someone else anyways...so I can see why he disregarded the "Bro Code" he didn't want to lose his chance.

All is fair in love and war. Her > your friendship. Maybe redefine what you call a friend, or like Indi said, be more aware. They probably were easing into a relationship without you even noticing, or paying attention. Live and learn, it's not like you lost the love of your life. Get over it.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

my friend is getting mad everytime i tell him a fun memory of me and my ex. im like sit down bi*** shes yours, no need to get mad

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just deal with this like men? Go find a field and slug it out. Then go drink some beer.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Stopped reading after i seen the word "android". If you had an iphone like a real man, this sort of shit wouldnt happen to you. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why don't you just deal with this like men? Go find a field and slug it out. Then go drink some beer.

No go out in a field, drink the beer then slug it out, then drink more beer lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12