+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to reconnect with my ex after 3 months of no contact?

How to reconnect with my ex after 3 months of no contact?

Hi everyone! Let me get started by explaining what happened with the relationship. My ex and I dated for a little over a year and everything was perfect up until about 2-3 months before the break up. She started to lose attraction; not physical, but emotional attraction. At the time, I had no idea why this was happening and thought I had done nothing wrong. I treated her the best way I knew how and gave her everything I had. I couldn't understand why she was pulling away. The more I realized she was pulling away, the more I pushed, resulting in her pulling more. Well, it took me about 2 months, but I finally figured out what I did to kill the relationship. I have been doing a lot of research and have found that insecurity, Jealousy, and "clinginess" are some of the biggest relationship killers out there, and sure enough I was guilty of all three. The timing of when I became guilty of these things and when she started pulling away matches perfectly.

Anyways, she broke up with me and I was completely devastated. It didn't help when I found out that she started dating another guy only 3 weeks after the break up. Throughout their relationship, we had no contact whatsoever. It was extremely hard to do, but I managed to stay away from her the whole time. Luckily for me, it just so happens that they recently broke up (he broke it off). Now she is the devastated one.

A couple days ago, we ran into each other at a party and while passing by, she smiled and said hi. Ever since the party, I have been wanting to try and get back together with her, but I just don't know how to do it. I'm not going to be the one chasing after her again, I want her to be the one asking to be with me. So my question is, how do I go about this without seeming desperate and needy?

message her and ask how is she doing..see how she respond back.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

So you want to tell us that you have no of those 3 things anymore in you?

Dude stop going back to the past. go for the future.
    For her it was over then. I dont think it will be smart for her to open up to get hurt again.

Both of you are in the pain of a break up.
    SO i dont think itsthe right moment to date anyone.

I lived through the same type of situation and still want him back...after 2 and a half years! He got tired of my insecurities...I wish he'd contact me, but nothing so far...good luck!