+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24 hours to prove i'm sorry. What actions would a woman accept as good enough?

24 hours to prove i'm sorry. What actions would a woman accept as good enough?

Hi people.

Im in a relationship with this amazing woman for some 9 years and she is my fiance� for some 8 months now. Last week she found that ive cheated her in two separate occasions in the last 2 years.

Initially I denied it all in hopes of salvaging some part of our relationship, but as it only made it worse, i admitted what ive done, told her about how i felt, how and why i ended up cheating on her. We are having these discussions everyday now for a week or so and she doesnt seem any less angry or any less forgiving. I suppose its too soon for her to feel any different but im trying to show her that im for real, i know what ive done and accept the consequences of it but at the same time i really want to be her, marry and grow old with her. If anything, cheating on her and living with this imminent breakup feeling, seeing how i hurt her in ways i didnt really think of, see her cry...ill never do it again, but she understandibly doesnt believe me.

Last night i asked again for a chance to make it right and she agreed...only that she gave me 24 hours (now 18 and counting) to show a sign that i really mean what i said. Now, she wants some action, something visible , not just words and promises. This was the best i could get so i agreed, and if i cant convince her then we're done.

So, Ladies, what can i do i this situation that can be as foolproof as possible?

I would imagine flowers & chocolates wont do in a situation like this, especially with only 18 hours. So, what can i do?

Tickets for a weekend in Paris together might be a shout, but frankly if she doesn't trust you anymore there isn't anything you can do. This seems like a very childish game to me, '24 hours to prove you love me' sounds like the second shittiest American rom-com ever made (after 'How to lose a guy in 10 days' *shudders*.)

I think you've ****ed up and if I was her nothing you'd do in the space of 24 hours would make the slightest difference. Yep, she's an 'amazing woman' yet you managed to be unfaithful with two other women. Nice going dickhead.

nothing you'd do in the space of 24 hours would make the slightest difference... Nice going dickhead.
    This is because you don't want him going to France isn't it?

Haha, brilliant. Do you have a watch ticking down like on the hit tv serie "24"?

Youve ****ed up royally here. Youll have to marry this crazy wench. Its why she gave you the stupid 24 hour deadline. She wants a date setting and for you to ask her romantically. Get 12 white doves to fly out your arse while youre asking her and she'll be putty in your hands.

Get 12 white doves to fly out your arse while youre asking her and she'll be putty in your hands.
    Better make it 24 - he did cheat on her twice you know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCafeTerrace View Post
    This is because you don't want him going to France isn't it?
    He's welcome to Paris. I live miles away from there.

Why did you cheat? Honestly why?

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Why did you cheat? Honestly why?
    I refer you back to my use of the word 'dickhead'.

Lol...I just don't understand why people can't be honest with themselves. Obviously the OPer wants to **** other women...so why stay engaged?

Sorry dude it takes years to built trust and seconds to burn it out.... two words = GAME OVER!!!!
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow,Do good anyway...

I guess it depends how far off walking down the aisle you are. What greater commitment is there for you both than this at this stage (apart from kids)? Ask her what she needs from you to show her your love and commitment.
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - Unknown

Candle light dinner may be work
    Quote library is a great place to read all your favourite quotes. Love quotes, life quotes, Inspirational quotes and many more.

You only want to do something now to fix it because there's finally a consequence for your action.

Guess what? there's not a damned thing you can do in 18 hours to fix it. Live with (and hopefully learn from) your mistake. Get better.

If I was in her shoes, I would just want my bf to talk to me and persuade me that he is a changed man, and he won't make the same mistakes again..I would want to be convinced..I would want him to beg for forgiveness You could also try to surprise her..pick her up at her house and take her on a road trip. Don't forget flowers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast