+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Enough of those "Does s/he - doesn't s/he" threads: You already have the answer!

Enough of those "Does s/he - doesn't s/he" threads: You already have the answer!

So many threads are devoted to the topic: "does s/he - doesn't s/he?"

My idea: in this situation, if there were strong feelings on both sides, each party would know how the other felt. If they are not aware of each other’s feelings, then no requited love exists in the circumstances. I mean, girls, when a guy really likes you - you know he does! And vice-versa to a lesser degree.

So if you want to open a does-she, doesn't she thread, if you don't already know the answer deep down, you'll be wasting your time, because there will be no requited love in your situation.
    Sorry

I've accepted this idea, although I deeply desire to have it refuted.
    Last edited by Calgacus; 17-07-03 at 10:56 PM.
    "The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night".
    - Otto von Bismarck

My idea: in this situation, if there were strong feelings on both sides, each party would know how the other felt.
    I don't agree. Sometimes people have difficulty determining how they, themselves, feel, much less another person.

Exactly. I don't see how there could possibly be love amidst such indecision! But, what exactly do you mean? I think I need an example.
    I know when I feel strongly for someone. When I like someone, the act of liking them itself is enough to make me realise that I do like them. I don't see how someone could love someone but not know. Such a notion seems to be a contradiction in terms. But, hey, I am not a girl!
    "The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night".
    - Otto von Bismarck

But, hey, I am not a girl!
    It should be "but hey, I do not have enough experience to realize that's possible." Does not mean such people do not exist, in either gender.

What you talk about, I would call it confusion, not love. I think you might be stretching the meaning of the word "love." In my view, knowing it is included in the word "love"'s definition
    - Otto von Bismarck

My definition of love is in my journal (click on the link "JOURNAL" underneath my avatar). What we are writing about has nothing to do with love, however: the "does he/she like me?" posts you are talking about are not about love.

Are you sure? I'll read your journal definition. I tend to think of the difference between "liking" and "loving" as a difference is degree, not in kind. So, what I said applies and is proportional to strength of feeling.
    - Otto von Bismarck

I consider love binary. It does not have degrees. It either IS, or is NOT.

Originally posted by IceQueen
    I consider love binary. It does not have degrees. It either IS, or is NOT.
    Well, it is just a word after all, but both of our views are not irreconcilable here.

I've responded to your journal BTW
    - Otto von Bismarck