+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love him, but is it worth waiting?

I love him, but is it worth waiting?

Hi,
    Sorry for the length, but I would really appreciate some advice.

I met this guy online 5 years ago, I was 16 and he was 14, and we just got along perfectly, but we lived in different states. Six months later, he flew me there and I stayed with him and his mum for a bit. We fell completely in love. But then I had to come back, and I couldn't cope with the distance and I ended up cheating with my ex (my only excuse is that I was young and stupid).
    After fighting for a while, we sorted things out and went back to being friends. We slowly got closer and closer again, but he swore never to do long distance again. So he would tell me he loved me everyday, while having a girlfriend who he told everyone else he loved. After three years of dealing with that, I rather drunkly told him I didn't believe he loved me and to prove it. Next day, he bought me plane tickets there. By this point I was 20 and he was 18. I went for a week and we had a great time, acting like a couple. But then I had to come back home again, and he got a new girlfriend almost immediately (who he 'loved').

Now its 9 months later. Hes 19, I'm 21. He still tells me he loves me everyday, and calls me every couple of days, after 5 years... but he still has another girlfriend.
    Neither of us are at a point in our lives to move interstate (he still lives with his parents and I'm at Uni, and age wise we are at different points). But hes promised me that one day soon he will come here to be with me. I told him not to make promises he can't keep, and he swore he would keep it.

What I want is people opinions, am I wasting my time? Should I move there? Or keep waiting in hopes he actually keeps his promise? Or just give up and accept its not working?
    What do you think of the whole situation?

Quote Originally Posted by missmae View Post
    What do you think of the whole situation?
    The whole situation is ridiculous. You have wasted precious years of your life on this nonesense. So you're there stuck whilst he's enjoying a series of girlfriends. Forgive me but you must be bonkers.

you wasted your whole dam youth on the internet? poor thing.
    did you not go outside and invest time in real people in real situations?

sad wake up for once

I clearly missed out the detail that I also had a life outside of this - I have had fun and other relationships, and have gone months without even talking to him.
    But I always end up realizing I love him more than I could love any of those guys.