+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reunited after 3 year breakup; has anyone gone through this?

Reunited after 3 year breakup; has anyone gone through this?

Hello everyone!
    I'm over half a century in age and should know better, but my heartache is still tormenting me after the separation with my love two and half years ago…I would love for him to reconsider and come back to me!
    Has anyone gone through this type of experience? I feel as though my soul stayed behind…don’t feel attracted to other men…
    I wrote him a letter 1 month after the break-up (he doesn’t live alone, so not sure if he received it), sent him a few general e-mails (the forwarding type) and texted him with a beautiful B-day inspirational message in February, 2012, but nothing from him…this is my saga!
    I was insecure in the relationship and a little bit whiny, but no drama queen or anything of the sort.
    Thank you all for your input! Have a great summer!

Are you saying that he's in a committed relationship with someone else?

So he is not single?

Then your feelings doesn't matter and you need to stop looking for trouble!
    You had him, and did it all and did not work out so move on!

Why would you keep going to the same person with the same issues and behavior?
    Noting has change, you will be fighting about the same things.

Some people dont give themselves the space and put their effort to let go.
    They keep holding on the hurt and the past.
    And some will try to go back cause they think that cause they miss the person is enough reason to do that.
    while missing someone is normal after a breakup its part of the process to get over it. and is not enough reason to
    go back.

So i think 99% of the people that go back to their ex is a mess and will end up in the same mess or worse again.
    And there is often no love or reason to get back.

I think you need to learn to move on and give yourself that opportunity to do so.
    instead of holding on old stuff..
    And if he have a girlfriend, you need to respect that and get lost!
    You should have done your best and all of that when you where with him.
    So if it did not work out, its clear he is not for you and you are not for him!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Amena - what is your question?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I guess I should have been clearer when I said (he doesn’t live alone, so not sure if he received it), for those who immediately assumed that I was trying to take him from his mate…he lives with his mother and brother; does that change the case scenario in any way? Thanks

Hello IndiReloaded,

I just wanted to know if there are any folks out there who've gotten back together with their ex after being apart for 3 years or more, and how it worked out...just hoping for some positive feedback I guess. Thanks

I sort of did. I hadn't seen her in 8+ years... had our first anniversary a few months ago.

But it wasn't exactly the same, and I suspect our results are pretty atypical.

What's happened between you and he that makes you think you might have a chance to get back together?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay - well be patient. Weekends are slow on this forum. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with your kind of situation. The fact he hasn't gotten in touch with you, tho, isn't a good sign. You've tried several modes and since he knows how to contact you but hasn't, I'd say he's not interested.

Cheekxs is a troll, be aware. HIA is an excellent poster, however.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gracias, Indi!

Quote Originally Posted by Amena View Post
    I guess I should have been clearer when I said (he doesn’t live alone, so not sure if he received it), for those who immediately assumed that I was trying to take him from his mate…he lives with his mother and brother; does that change the case scenario in any way? Thanks
    its your job to typed clearly so we can understand you well.
    so next time you can put it in the first time that its his mom and brother you are talking about.

and i dont think it change much , my opinion still the same.
    move on!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekxs View Post
    its your job to typed clearly so we can understand you well.
    so next time you can put it in the first time that its his mom and brother you are talking about.

and i dont think it change much , my opinion still the same.
    move on!
    Oh the irony. Used spell-check this time, did you?

HIA, are you an Olde Farte? Charter Member: Love Forum's Ye Olde Farte Club...
    I wish you lots of luck with your reconnection...how I'd like that to happen to me!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Apparently 10 Thanks aren't enough for me either.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Amena View Post
    HIA, are you an Olde Farte? Charter Member: Love Forum's Ye Olde Farte Club...
    I wish you lots of luck with your reconnection...how I'd like that to happen to me!
    In comparison to most of the posters (though not all) here yes, I'm officially an olde farte. I have offspring old enough to drink.

I have no need for luck in my reconnection. The day she called me and told me she was single used up all the luck I had. Seven months later we were living together, and two months after that we were married - on paper. To us, we were married the day I proposed and she accepted. Marriage is not a document from the state, it's a state of mind. From the day I proposed and she accepted, to us we were already married. We joke that we have two anniversaries... one in October when I proposed, and one in June when we legalized it.

We legalized it on my birthday. She asked me what I wanted, and I gave her a list of things that I'd like, and told her to pick. Last thing on the list was "Marry me." I married my best friend on my birthday, which is also Father's Day every few years - like this year. I hit the trifecta this year, Father's Day, my birthday and most importantly, my anniversary all in one day.

HIA - your experience is so nice! I think people can re-kindle their relationships in certain circumstances. In the OP's case I would say forget him. He hasn't responded to you or contacted you. If you really want to know though just pick up the phone and call. Forget the emails/texting...try and get him on the phone or in person. That is the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast