+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asked her to be my GF, Says she needs time to think!

Asked her to be my GF, Says she needs time to think!

Met a girl a few months ago (We are both 27) and asked her out early last month. We have been seeing each other every weekend for the past 5-6weeks. We call, text, hold hands, kiss and also get intimate. I finally asked her to be my GF and she asked me if she can have some time to think about it (I agreed). Says she likes me but bring up that she doesn’t see a future because I will be going back to my home country weather it maybe 3yrs or 10 yrs from now. I told her if she doesn’t feel the same way to be comfortable to say NO. I just thought she would say yes because she showed so much affection towards me. I guess I also feel confused.
    I always thought when a girl asks for time to think it’s a nice way of saying NO. I could be wrong. What do you guys think?

Give her time, but start seeing other girls immediately until she decides to be your GF.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Give her time, but start seeing other girls immediately until she decides to be your GF.
    What do you think a resonable time frame would be to give her time to think?

Give her as much time as she wants. You just need to take the fact that she didn't say yes as a 'no', and start moving on emotionally. Start seeing other girls, but continuing seeing her. If she changes her mind, then stop seeing other girls, otherwise just see her casually until you find some that wants a relationship with you. Treat her with respect, but don't treat her like a serious girlfriend. For example, if you can easily do a small favor that she asks, then do it, but not if you have to go out of your way. She'll notice and it will probably prompt her to ask for more.

I'm often criticized for saying this, but it's true, it's always easier to find another girl if you're already seeing one(or more).