+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gone on two dates

Gone on two dates

There is this girl that I'm talking to. I took her out to two dates so far. We had fun both times. The first time she texted me after the date that she had a good time. I drop her off today, but she didn't texted anything. I just texted her that I had fun, and she she said thank you for the food and the place was good. What irks me was when the bill came I told her I'm going to pay for it. She said that I paid for it last time, so she can pay for it today. Anyways, I told her I paid for it. What irks me was that before she left, she told me that I need to stop paying for her. That she will pay on the next date for us?

Don't take it personally. The first few dates are a time for both of you to see if there is compatibility, and maybe there isn't. It doesn't mean that either one of you is a bad person, just that you aren't right for each other. Squabbling over who picks up the tab might be a sign of different values, which is often a dealbreaker.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by gotexans12 View Post
    There is this girl that I'm talking to. I took her out to two dates so far. We had fun both times. The first time she texted me after the date that she had a good time. I drop her off today, but she didn't texted anything. I just texted her that I had fun, and she she said thank you for the food and the place was good. What irks me was when the bill came I told her I'm going to pay for it. She said that I paid for it last time, so she can pay for it today. Anyways, I told her I paid for it. What irks me was that before she left, she told me that I need to stop paying for her. That she will pay on the next date for us?
    Pfffst! Consider yourself lucky dude! Wish my girl pick up the bill more often

She wants to pay her fair share. She's a modern woman. I consider that a pretty good thing. Don't you? Me and my GF have split the tab since day one.