+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I let her down easy?

How do I let her down easy?

I need to break up with my girlfriend because she is constantly lying, and I can't take it anymore. She's acting like a child. I was wondering if there was any way that I could tell her we're over without getting her too upset???

Tell her you need a break. lol
    Sorry to tell you this, but if this person has a short fuse, there is no sure-fire way to let them down easy. The only thing I can suggest you do it sit this girl down, tell her that her lies are really getting under your skin and that you need a break from the relationship.

There is no way to break up with someone and not have them get upset. Just doesn't work that way. Having someone be upset is not the worst thing in the world. She will get over it and move on eventually; don't let her feelings be the primary concern. Your feelings are important, too, you can't live in this situation and you need out. Be honest with her, just don't be mean.

She constantly lies to you and acts like a child and you want to give her the benefit of NOT hurting HER? Well if that's the case, do as cycle and rose say, but in my opinion I wouldn't worry about hurting her. She needs to realize what she's doing. Take that and use it toward your breakup.

Cdoc
    "Without music, life would be a mistake" -Neitzsche