+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can i call him my boyfriend????

can i call him my boyfriend????

ok, i've been "dating" this guy for about a month and a half or so. we've been on like 5 dates alone and other things in groups and he calls me on the fone a few times a week. we know we like each other cuz its sorta obvious, but we havent actually talked about being boyfriend and girlfriend. we havent kissed yet but we've held hands and we hug every time we say bye to each other. we can talk on and on and its so awesome and i've pretty much been calling him my boyfriend to other people, but its not "official" yet. hes pretty shy and stuff so i cant see him bringing up anything about it and im kinda used to the guy initiating a conversation about that or whatever. my last boyfriend was all smoothe and like "theres my girl, if she wants to be" so it made it easy to declare we were goin out, but i just dont know with this new guy. ahh its driving me crazy. i was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to bring up the topic about us going out without being really obvious and making it awkward or something. like, maybe a smoothe line that i could use to kinda ask if i can call him my boyfriend or something. man i suck at this, plz help guys!! thx so much!!
    *~Sarah~*

Well, I have a similar relationship with my best friend so I wouldn't say he's your boyfriend yet. Of course you can tell people that though.

Anyway, you gotta take it easy on us shy guys. If you don't drop any totally blatant hints we'll never catch on and we'll be content just having a good time with you. Chances are he's wanted to bring it up or wanted to kiss you badly but he's so nervous when he thinks about it he just throws out the idea. At least that's how it is for me. You have to let him know it's ok. Don't baby him or think he's prude because of it, he just doesn't want to rush you or make you feel pressured because he wants to be sensitive to what you want. I would say you should be able to bring it up with him and it wouldn't be awkward. Just be honest and say what you feel, trust me he'll probly feel relieved and be able to tell you a whole lot more about what he's been feeling too.
    Heit ist mein taug.

well we're not platonic i can tell you that, we werent friends really before and pretty much just started going on dates alone after we met thru our friends. its more that i want to officialize that we're going out, even tho i guess it's pretty obvious.
    *~Sarah~*

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you're used to the guy initiating the converstation?? so why not try something new. he might be expecting you to bring this up sooner or later because he's the shy type and if so, talk to him about it. after it's over, you'll be in a relationship. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

communication

Key to everything relationship is communication, do you consider him your bf? ask him how he views you? be honest and open, and go from there. talking isnt communicating keep that in mind. and the more honest and open, the stronger, healthier and happier the relationship you will have. assume as little as possible.