+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some advice required please

Some advice required please

Hello everyone ,
    Looking for some advice but first I suppose I should tell you all about myself for some perspective.

I'm 22 going on 23 from a small town in the west midlands , UK , 6'6 tall , shoulder length dark hair , blue eyes with glasses , not a bad start you may think , but then I'm not exactly what you call in shape , did use to play rugby a lot but have let myself go , the sterotypical spare tire and beer gut have taken form.

I'm not exactly good when it comes to women , in 90% of my attempts to whoo women , I end up being "friend zoned" as my normal procedure if you will is to become friends with someone , good friends , all the time keeping any feelings I may have completly hidden , until I work up the courage to say something this normally has disastrous effects for me , loose the friend , loose the chance of anything more and ultimately feel pretty dire afterwards.

Now I have reached the same sort of situation again , I'm good friends with a young woman my age , who is just great , not only is she way out of my league , she is a good person , I attempt to flirt the best i can which I think is working a little but I'm worried about entering that friend zone again.

I've kinda half asked her out , asked if she would like to take a day trip out somewhere , which she has said yes to , I see this as my one chance to make something of this.

I dont really know what else to say to be honest , just figure I would get it out there.

JD

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have already doomed yourself to failure by befriending the girl and "kind of" asking her on a date. You need to be much more direct. You also need to hit the gym. 23 is way too young for a beer gut
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quit being friends with them if you are interested in dating them! Most women know within a couple of minutes whether or not they'd go on a date with you, and you need to establish your romantic interest before being friend-zoned.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?