+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we dating?!

Are we dating?!

Hi all,

Little back ground from me, I've recently (3 months ago) split with my fiancee, we were together for 6 years, and now I am back in the confusing world of being single and dating!

So for the past few weeks I've hung out with a guy that I met through a friend, but I have NO idea how to tell if we're dating/just hanging out etc? How do you know?!

What does it matter what terminology is used? The important thing is have things got physical because that's a pretty sure sign that it's getting serious.

Yeah, things have got physical. He's stayed over a few times too. But we've not really gone on any 'dates'.

Ask him. It may be a purely physical thing to him, it may not.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Yeah, I think the only way I'll work it out is if I ask him, except, I'm not sure I want to jump into another relationship, so might hold off the questions for a while...

Definitely speak to him about it, start going on a few more dates so you can tell he is intereted in spending time with you etc

Quote Originally Posted by lifeizsweet View Post
    Yeah, I think the only way I'll work it out is if I ask him, except, I'm not sure I want to jump into another relationship, so might hold off the questions for a while...
    Call me old fashioned if you like but shagging someone a few times = some kind of relationship to me.

So you have been having sex for several weeks with the guy and he stayed over a few times, and HE hasn't wanted to go out and do something or hasn't inquired about expanding your relationship? Or has he, and you have been the one wanting to keep the status quo? Sounds like one or both of you aren't ready for an exclusive relationship, so I would define your relationship as " friends with benefits " or "**** buddies".