+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On a road trip and the sexual tension is driving me crazy!

He is probably just being respectful but really wants the same thing. Just do it. Live in the moment. Who cares if there is awkwardness it soon passes.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    He hasnt made any move?
    Sadly, no

He's made sweet little gestures here and there. Like he'll let me sleep in while he goes out to get breakfast for us so we can have it in our room.
    When a song he knows I like comes on the radio, he'll blast it for me.

We went out clubbing a couple of times and he showed me some latin dances he knows how to do quite well. There was some close physical contact there (nothing outside of dancing) but that's the most he's touched me. It was still pretty damn hot though! lol

Like I said, he's been a total gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Then go to bed with the guy. Why not? Worried about spoiling something?
    Yeah, like the rest of the trip! Like I said, we still have to spend a lot of time together in the near future and the last thing I want to do is make things weird between us. It'll make the wedding hellish for me.

Oh well, just wait then. Easy.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by Basti View Post
    Are you doing this in all parts of your life? Overthinking and then be too chicken to do anything? Go for it.You have got nothing to loose.
    Actually, no, I'm not. I'm usually spontaneous and spur of the moment. I guess I feel like I've got a lot riding on this and don't want to mess it up.

A small part of me is a little teeny, tiny bit old fashioned and wishes he would make the first move. But if push comes to shove and it's time to go back home, I suppose I'll have to do SOMETHING.

Maybe I should make it more obvious? Be more flirtatious?
    Like next time he applies sunscreen on my back, I should ask for a backrub while he's at it? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    What is it with the alcohol? It'd be a huge turn off for someone that I was interested in to have to wait until they've had a couple of drinks for things to start to happen between us. Nothing worse than drunk affection

No much of a drinker eh? That's your opinion (a small majority). I'm making the suggestion to her, she can decide what to do about it. Plus I meant him and her have a few drinks....hopefully he will get up and have a few dances with her....that's a great ice breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethesun View Post
    Actually, no, I'm not. I'm usually spontaneous and spur of the moment. I guess I feel like I've got a lot riding on this and don't want to mess it up.

A small part of me is a little teeny, tiny bit old fashioned and wishes he would make the first move. But if push comes to shove and it's time to go back home, I suppose I'll have to do SOMETHING.

Maybe I should make it more obvious? Be more flirtatious?
    Like next time he applies sunscreen on my back, I should ask for a backrub while he's at it? LOL
    Let it all unravel at the wedding, and yes of course flirt! I'm sure your friend has already laid a few hints to him about how much you like him. Just relax and just enjoy. If he is a gentleman, I have a feeling he wants to wait til after the wedding to make a move. You are sharing a room, and he doesn't want things to get "awkward". Who knows maybe he's a bit old fashioned too and doesn't want to mess this up lol. I really hope things work out for you

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethesun View Post
    Sadly, no

He's made sweet little gestures here and there. Like he'll let me sleep in while he goes out to get breakfast for us so we can have it in our room.
    When a song he knows I like comes on the radio, he'll blast it for me.

We went out clubbing a couple of times and he showed me some latin dances he knows how to do quite well. There was some close physical contact there (nothing outside of dancing) but that's the most he's touched me. It was still pretty damn hot though! lol

Like I said, he's been a total gentleman.
    He knows latin dance quite well? He obviously bats for the other side. Im as straight as they come and i couldnt even tell you what latin dance is, let alone do it quite well. Forget this homo and get yourself on the interweb and find a real man. Im currently not available in case you were wondering.

Dancing is very sexual to women, not homosexual.

This sounds like the plot to a rom-com. There needs to be some complication coming up soon, like a flat tire or an ex-girlfriend or something. There will be a montage of sad scenes, and then true love will overcome all difficulties and you will live happily ever after.

Stick with your current plan. Keep things flirty and then if nothing has happened yet, make your move on the trip back.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yeah.....why is this road trip 2 weeks? You're still on the road and Salsa dancing? Yeah....don't fucck the guy yet...see what happens. Lol

I missed that bit of the two weeks. Where the **** are you driving to - Outer Mongolia?

Perhaps he's the perfect gentleman because he's not into you in that way? When I fancy a woman she'd have to beat me off with a stick.

It's annoying when a guy doesn't make the first move...esp if you are sharing a hotel room together every night.

Ok, this is my new suggestion for you. Tonight, go get some drinks...don't drink too much. Just 1 or 2 to loosen you both up a little. That is all alcohol is really good for. My boyfriend never drinks (wish he would sometimes) and is really shy...so the first night we ever got together we both had a few. It gave him the courage to step up I guess. We were also roommates prior and spent every night together for 3 months! Took that long for him to make the move...so sometimes guys just need more time to get to know you etc. Anyway, after you are back in the hotel room go change or take a shower or something and walk back in the room in your underwear....or t-shirt and no shorts just panties...no bra lol ;0 Then see what the hell he does. Do the hotels you are staying in have a hot tub? If he doesn't try to make a move then just wait...but I would wonder if he was gay if nothing happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I missed that bit of the two weeks. Where the **** are you driving to - Outer Mongolia?

Perhaps he's the perfect gentleman because he's not into you in that way? When I fancy a woman she'd have to beat me off with a stick.
    *lol* From West coast to East coast. And we started the trip around 9 days ago, technically not 2 weeks yet. I met him just before that. We've been making lots of stops along the way. If it was non-stop daytime driving, we'd be there a lot sooner.

And maybe you're right: he may not be into me. I guess only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Ok, this is my new suggestion for you. Tonight, go get some drinks...don't drink too much. Just 1 or 2 to loosen you both up a little. After you are back in the hotel room go change or take a shower or something and walk back in the room in your underwear....or t-shirt and no shorts just panties...no bra lol ;0 Then see what the hell he does. Do the hotels you are staying in have a hot tub? If he doesn't try to make a move then just wait...but I would wonder if he was gay if nothing happens?
    I don't think I could go that far. It would be totally out of left field for me. But thanks for the suggestion!
    No hot tubs in the room. We're trying to be cost-efficient, hence the sharing.
    I'll step up my game as the week progresses and see if he bites. I'll keep you posted!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast