+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On a road trip and the sexual tension is driving me crazy!

Just curious what sort of first move do you expect from him? Rip your shirt off and go to town? Grab you and start making out? Him saying "I wanna hit that...."

Im wondering why you guys just didn't fly? Was this some fun idea you had beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    No much of a drinker eh? That's your opinion (a small majority). I'm making the suggestion to her, she can decide what to do about it. Plus I meant him and her have a few drinks....hopefully he will get up and have a few dances with her....that's a great ice breaker.
    LOL, no, nothing against drinking. I just expect a girl, 'especially' one that I would find interesting, to be able to communicate with me sober. I can understand, perhaps, someone being shy and awkward, maybe we haven't talked much prior and needs to have some liquid courage that first time to break the ice. They've been together in a car for a hundred plus hours talking about life, love and everything in between though, she shouldn't be so timid.

She described the guy as incredibly attractive inside and out. Translated, that's a man with plenty of options. You're not a man, so you wouldn't have any idea smackie, but men that have quite a lot going for themselves don't take every piece of ass thrown their way (as by your other posts, I think you have that perception about men). Far from it.

If he brings a lot to the table, he's not going to waste time around a girl who always needs a drink to loosen up. Big turn off. If she's cute and has a nice personality, a one time thing to express herself, 'maybe'. But they've been around each other long enough, she should possess the social skills to have already conveyed that she likes him, a lot.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

If a girl wont meet me for drinks then I dont bother. Dont trust people who dont drink or cuss maybe just a little ....huge turn off ! Ever meet people like that? Weird!
    Last edited by surfhb; 29-08-12 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    If a girl wont meet me for drinks then I dont bother. Dont trust people who dont drink or cuss maybe just a little ....huge turn off ! Ever meet people like that? Weird!
    I hope you like women that don't 'need' to drink to communicate or show affection for you, surf. Then there's a problem. A social drinker, no problem.

Quick update: He asked if I wanted to watch a movie on TV last night so I said sure. We sat on his bed, I got close to him and leaned my head on his shoulder and started to watch. A couple of minutes later, he reciprocated and leaned in towards me as well.
    There was a startling scene in the movie that nearly made me jump right out of my skin. We both had a good laugh about it, but then he reached over and held my hand for the duration of the movie. And while he held my hand, he gently stroked the inside of my wrist with his thumb. Gave me goosebumps!

Then today, he asked if I wanted to go to a concert with him when we got back home as he was going to buy tickets within the next couple of weeks. I graciously accepted.

So some progress was made, or at least I think so!
    He seems to be more comfortable with physical contact. Do you guys think he's feeling the same way I am? Or am I reading too much into this?

He likes you! Why haven't you made out yet? I guess he is waiting...

Did your mutual friends who are getting married suggest you ride together b/c they want to fix you guys up? Was part of this whole thing their idea? I wonder what they have said to him? So here is my theory, when a guy is very attracted to you he doesn't wait to make a move (unless he has some issues) b/c he just can't help himself. I also think physical attraction is fairly instant. So, if he is as attracted to you as you are to him, then why hasn't anything physical happened yet? It's been how many days now? I don't know...maybe he is just entertaining the idea of you 2 together b/c your friends planted the seed....so he is taking it very slow b/c there was not and isn't that instant attraction...for him at least. I dunno...just something to think about.

When I was 29, a close friend was getting married and I was in his wedding party as a groomsman. He and his fiancee tried to set me up with an attractive brunette who was also in the wedding party. I talked to her at the rehearsal dinner. She seemed nice and liked my sense of humor, but I didn't detect any chemistry. While talking, I discovered that she already had a boyfriend, but the bride and groom didn't like him. After the wedding ceremony, I could have spent the night at the hotel and tried to seduce her. In Fort Wayne. I was certain that was going to be a waste of time. Instead, I followed an old friend back to south Chicago. He and I hit several cool bars that night, catching up on old times and hitting on random women until 3 AM.

Blah, blah, blah. People who are about to get married think that everybody should get married. This situation definitely sounds like a setup, and they might have even said something to this guy. Even so, it sounds like a good situation for you, though it's probably wise to not get too serious until during the trip back. Good luck.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    He likes you! Why haven't you made out yet?
    Well I can't speak for him, but I don't want anything to happen before the wedding (which is on Saturday so we're getting close!) If we started making out, I wouldn't be able to stop myself and I'd rather not put myself in that situation. Not yet anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Did your mutual friends who are getting married suggest you ride together b/c they want to fix you guys up? Was part of this whole thing their idea?
    Apparently the groom had no idea what the bride was up to (I don't know if I believe that, but whatever).
    I questioned the bride about this and she initially said no, but she finally admitted that yes, that was her idea. He was already driving down himself anyway as that was his plan all along. My friend swears up and down that she hasn't said anything to him. I haven't questioned him about it yet myself, but I plan to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    People who are about to get married think that everybody should get married. This situation definitely sounds like a setup, and they might have even said something to this guy. Even so, it sounds like a good situation for you, though it's probably wise to not get too serious until during the trip back. Good luck.
    Exactly. That's why I don't want to jump to conclusions or do anything I'll end up regretting later. If he's not into me, I don't want to force anything, period. We're arriving tomorrow for the rehearsal. We'll see then if he's still interested when we're no longer alone.

You have been playing pretty kool and so has he.....everything is falling into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethesun View Post
    And while he held my hand, he gently stroked the inside of my wrist with his thumb. Gave me goosebumps!
    Oh perleeeze. You've spent hours together, you're in a hotel bedoom and all you get is a stroked wrist. If I didn't know you were already in your 20s I'd say you guys were about 12 years old and scared little virgins. Seriously you should be playing 'hide the sausage' by now.

Yeh I am with you B. I am finding this story really annoying actually. Sounds a bit made up.

In any case good luck OP! Hope it all works out how you want.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

So last night it happened: I don't know why the hell he waited so long but I no longer wonder if he feels the same way

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethesun View Post
    So last night it happened: I don't know why the hell he waited so long but I no longer wonder if he feels the same way
    I hope it was everything you'd imagined it would be. And that you didn't 'have to' have a few drinks to do it

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast