+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused...

confused...

Earlier today, I was sitting in class. History class.

Since he had recently split with his now former girlfriend, but not too recently, I decided now was the now or never opportunity i'd been waiting for to establish some kind of connection with him. I've gone to school with this person for years, and have always been silently infatuated with him.

Anyway, since I was certain my voice would shake or stutter if I spoke, I decided to discreetly slip him a note during class - much less frightening than actually speaking to him. In this note, I politely asked him if he'd like to come with me to a party being thrown by a friend of mine.

So I went ahead and gave it to him at the beginning of class. I expected that he would write his reply on the paper, look at me and nod yes or no, or just look at me weird and not reply at all.

He did none of those things. Instead, he folded up the scrap of paper i'd passed him into a small square after glancing at it for no longer than two seconds and...well, he ate it. He just popped it in his mouth like a breath mint and swallowed. I don't even think he chewed.

He didn't even look at me through the whole class. After class, he just got up and left with one of his friends like nothing happened.

Hmmm. I know it was a rejection, but...should I keep trying to at least be friends with the guy? Should I say anything about it? Is that a common way guys turn down note invitations? Why did he eat my note?

I'm confused.

And i'd like to add that we're both in college. I know some little kids will eat paper, so I just wanted to clarify the ages here.