+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feelings for my sister in law

Feelings for my sister in law

Hi guys and gals

Where to start and keep it brief enough for people to continue reading
    Recently my feeling changed towards my sister in law, let me give a little background before you judge

My sister in law has lived with us on and off since the age of 12 we are now (her 27) (me 31), we have always been very close but i have always seen myself as more of a brother when ever she has had a problem of any kind me and my wife are the first she turns too and i have always had her as a close friend and shoulder to cry on.
    I have loved her as a sister since day one but at the age of 14 were my first thoughts finding her attractive, i dismissed this as being the norm since she is a spitting double of my wife just younger and nothing ever happened, but i did notice that as she got older the feeling became mutual
    there were even times when i had to speak to her sister, one such time at the age of 15 she had been out drinking and came back to our house so not to get shouted at by her mum and dad, problem was i was in bed naked when she came in and after being told this and to get on the sofa she climbed into bed with me, after some joking comments both ways i said to her that if anything came on my side of the bed it was mine to do with as i pleased and was shocked to be met with her raising her dress to the small of her back then sliding her self over to my side, at this i got out of the bed feeling a little embarrassed in my birthday suit and slept on the sofa (i think this may have had another ending had she been 16)

As she got older things got very flirty but that was it then at about 18-19 she entered a long term relationship and things settled down, i was still the main person she spoke to when after help or a shoulder to cry on.
    Relation ship very strong and flirty to the point i found it fun winding her other half that we had been intermit and i could take her if i wanted till one day i found out she got the 20 questions and 3rd degree, so i sat and had a chat with him that there was nothing to worry about we never had or would as she was my little sis he took this well and after this even joined in with quirks of his own when one of us said anything flirty to each other this carried on for 9 years.

The feelings i have for her were obvious to many disproved by my brother who has always been convinced that we had something going on, her uncle even once told me that i was a fool for not taking a bite out of the plate she put before me and my wife noticed it too but since if ever i felt it was a little to strong i turned to my wife i think she was relaxed with it and has even used it in bedroom talk one particular night she asked me to imagine i was her sister i rose to the bait afterwards the comment was "where the f**k did that come from i might have to be my sister more often" we have also spoke many times about having her sister there.

While on the subject of my wife i will point out that i love her very much, we go through our tough times like all people do but we have our good times too and i would say we are happy which makes whats coming next even more confusing.

My sister in law has just broke up with her other half and as always ran to us and after having much fun putting 3 adults and 6 kids in one 3 bedroom house for 8 weeks, the time came that she found her own place to stay that last weekend my wife took a trip with my 2 girls from the Thursday to the following Monday while my sis in law was due to move out that Saturday, anyway the problem arose Friday night we were sat watching TV and sat next to each other on the settee i ended up cuddled into her leg resting my head on her thigh, not completely out of the norm for the last 14 years but then i found myself gently stroking her leg noticed there was no complaint about this, then it hit like a hammer a feeling that i wanted the world to stop so i could stay with her in that moment forever we lay there watching TV she fell asleep first then not wanting to move i did.

Woke up the following morning as normal her excited about getting her keys and moving into her own place and the packing began, later that night we are now at her new house with only a rug and one blanket we got on the floor to share it, i cuddled into her jokingly saying i just needed a little snuggle to help me sleep in a new house after a little snuggle i backed of as to not make the situation to wired, only to get that feeling again that i wanted her to hold me.

It was at this point i felt for the first time that i was being unfaithful to my wife and as strange as it may sound if i just wanted to have sex with her it would have been fine and quite easy to shrug off, what struck me is i just wanted to snuggle back upto the back of her and fall asleep this is what scared me as i realized this was not lust it was a hole new level of love for my sis in law.

Since then now 4 days it pains me to be away from her, im still over there everyday building units, fitting carpets etc etc but i dont want to leave.

I sat down tonight and thought i must be unhappy at home but im not i love my wife very much but from comments made by her im not hiding my feelings very well.

I love my sis in law very much and my wife i have thought of all the out comes in my head and just want things the way they are, in my head i think it may even be one sided and scared after all this mental torment that my sis in law may not even feel the same way.

From the outcomes that went through my head i want my feelings to calm down with my sis in law, even if she did feel the same way neither of us could do that to her sister.

The one thing that concerns me is the fact i know in time she will meet someone else and it will destroy me and i wont even be aloud to let it show.

Any advice to help with this is more than welcome

or if any more info is needed just ask

Thanks for taking the time to read Graeme

I guess this is where maturity comes in. You seem to have little of it in this department. I mean....my fiance's sister is hot too but Im sure as shit not going to act on it. What kind of advice do you expect to get on this site?

Ok im immature on the love scene i will take that on the chin.

Its not like its the first time something like this has happened girl from work, out and about or old flame etc etc but in those cases i did what i feel you should do take it as a compliment and stay away.

What i dont know if i made seance of or this is where i show signs of immaturity, i dont want to lose the friend possibly best friend i have in my sis in law by doing what i feel is right which is stay away, although today that is the root i have taken since my last post.

As for the advice i was expecting to get i think i just wanted to get it of my chest, in cases where i feel like crap i turn to my wife, my sis in law or my mum and dad none of which i felt i could openly have this conversation with and the worse case scenario some troll makes a childish comment best case one of the other billion internet users may have had a similar situation.

thanks again Graeme

Ugh...crappy situation. All 3 of you had been living together for a very long time! You and your wife got married very young? Maybe you chose the wrong sister? You have 2 choices. You can bottle up your feelings for your sis in law and move on OR you can leave your wife and wait a few years...many years and try to start a relationship with your sis in law, which would be weird and all your family members will probably never speak to you again.

I suppose all 3 of you could just be in a relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Grawolf View Post
    Ok im immature on the love scene i will take that on the chin.

Its not like its the first time something like this has happened girl from work, out and about or old flame etc etc but in those cases i did what i feel you should do take it as a compliment and stay away.

What i dont know if i made seance of or this is where i show signs of immaturity, i dont want to lose the friend possibly best friend i have in my sis in law by doing what i feel is right which is stay away, although today that is the root i have taken since my last post.

As for the advice i was expecting to get i think i just wanted to get it of my chest, in cases where i feel like crap i turn to my wife, my sis in law or my mum and dad none of which i felt i could openly have this conversation with and the worse case scenario some troll makes a childish comment best case one of the other billion internet users may have had a similar situation.

thanks again Graeme
    Whatever dude! Call it what you want but Not being able to control your emotions is a sign of emotional immaturity....period. You want me bake a cupcake for you with extra frosting? Control yourself man! You want to lose your wife and her sis....because that's the road you're heading down

We've all been tempted in one way or another so I guess it's fairly black and white. You made a commitment so keep it. Sorry if you didn't like the way I presented it to you
    Last edited by surfhb; 30-08-12 at 03:04 AM.

By your math you were married when you were 16??? If you are 4 yrs older than you sister in law and she started living with you guys when she was 12?

i just wanted to snuggle back upto the back of her and fall asleep this is what scared me as i realized this was not lust it was a hole new level of love for my sis in law.
    Oh puleeeeze! A moment of sexual tension and weakness on your part does NOT equal love.

Do get over yourself and these fantasies for goodness sakes. Quit hanging around her and doing for her because the more you believe your own rhetoric the worse time you will have emotionally distancing yourself from your wife's sister. This is what happens when you act inappropriately and in your temptation you act silly enough to confuse your hard on as a sign of "love."

Grow up and treat your wife with the loving respect she deserves. She's already noticing your emotional disconnect from her so wisen the hell up and keep yourself away from your SIL unless your wife is present as well. Sadly you fool yourself into thinking things that need not even be considered for longer than the loss of wood.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-08-12 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Whatever dude! Call it what you want but Not being able to control your emotions is a sign of emotional immaturity....period. You want me bake a cupcake for you with extra frosting? Control yourself man! You want to lose your wife and her sis....because that's the road you're heading down

We've all been tempted in one way or another so I guess it's fairly black and white. You made a commitment so keep it. Sorry if you didn't like the way I presented it to you
    I think you took that wrong, what i was saying is your quite likely correct i am immature since as one person who forgot you dont marry on the day you meet a girl i will help you with the mathematics, yes i have been with my wife sine i was 16 engaged at 19 married at 25 and its the only loving long term relationship i have ever had.

so just to say i actually listened to what surfhb had to say although it was quite a diss lol

so just to say i actually listened to what surfhb had to say although it was quite a diss lol
    Of course it was a diss.....you're fuccking up. Everyone needs a good diss if they are ****king up

Of course it was a diss.....you're fuccking up. Everyone needs a good diss if they are ****king up