+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do about my boyfriend? should i leave or stay?

What do about my boyfriend? should i leave or stay?

We been going out since feb and all has been well. We had our moments and fights. He used to call me and see me a lot. However, we barely get to talk or see each other as much anymore. he’s usually pretty busy with work and other stuff even on his dayoffs. he never gets to rest. I feel like he’s taking advantage of me just because I am nice and understanding and don’t complain about his busy schedule. BUt it bothers me that, he cannot commit to the timeframe we agreed upon cuz he’s not finished with his errands. I am not mad that he is busy, but I am mad that he does not contact me and it can go for hours and no contact and flakes on me sometimes because he can’t make it. makes me wait for him all day and no contact until i contact him. I told him about this before.

Also he never took me to watch Ted that I was dying to watch. he just said its just a movie, it will come out on dvd, if you want to watch it so bad, then go with your friends. ON my birthday, it was not special. I wanted to go somewhere but he said its far and he’s tired. I got upset because i even suggested other things for my bday under his convenience and i ignored him and thats when he took me to the place I wanted to go. It feels bad cuz its like i forced him to go.

Another thing is we seem too different. he’s all about work and money. and being matierialistic. While I’m just very simple. Money is good to have but I’m not money hungry like him. I don’t need lv or gucci. I;m very simple. So what should i do? I know he cares about me and loves me. But it will be hard journey for me if we were to get married and stuff. His mom hates me and his family doesn’t really talk to me.

Like he worries about me and make sure i am safe. He says he loves me. he buys me things and tries to spoil me and stuff but i don't let him do that because like i said i'm not into lv or gucci like his friends are.

however, sometimes he would come see me afterwork which is late at night at like 1 or 2am and he just wants sex. I cried once about it already in front of him and I was feeling emotional. I would just squirm away from him and he can't control himself and he says why r u pulling away?... It was used to when he would tell me he wants to see me but ever since I been saying that, he hasn't really made an effort to see me. I told him I didn't feel well and the birth control pills were driving me crazy. I wanted to see him, but he's way too busy.... So thats why i said i feel like he's taking advantage of me... because i'm too nice...

It sounds like you are too incompatible and he is not that interested. Move on.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

You know you should leave so why are you asking us?

You're his doormat, there when he needs you, but your needs aren't a priority.

Time to leave.

Booty call. Accept your relationship for what is or move on

I had the same issue because my boyfriend would always study and never take me out, but he did contact me several times and after months of not going out due to his studying, he took me on a vacation. By what you are saying, he has not made an effort to try to fix the situation. One thing that always works is to ignore him for hours on a day, and act like YOU don't care. Act like you are busy, and that you have plans with your friends. He will then realize that you are getting tired of him and he will worry and try to get your attention. However, if you do this and he does not react in this manner or doesn't seem to care, then you have to let him go

People tend to get bored with another around the 3 month mark, and most relationships drift apart and end. There would be much more spark and interest if it were looking good for an LTR.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

You should dump him and forget him. You already know that so just do it. You are not compatible and it sounds to me like all he wants from you is no strings attached sex. Hes using you. Tell him to f**k off and dont let him worm his way back even if he promises you the stars and the earth-they are just words and actions speak louder.

Stop clinging to something that you know is not working and will not change. Get out now before you get anymore emotionally invested. "too busy" just means "too busy for you" and he is not that into you.

You know you can do better and you want more so what are you waiting for?

A thread from August 29, 2012... I wonder if she's still with him and still being his welcome mat?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion